Re: The Dock
averyml

Are you plugging it in to an actual outlet schmittdoggy, or are you just using the usb cable connected to the computer?  I originally had mine plugged into my computer at work (those usb cables are way too short for a charger), and noticed that while it will charge, it does still hibernate after a while, but with it plugged into an outlet, it will stay lit.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

With this phone you should use the plug to charge it not the computer - the computer doesnt have the capacity.  This was one of the first issues I had.

And another reason to get the dock since it charges it.

0 Likes
kegard

Why does the phone not charge when in Dim mode? I was surprised to find my phone almost dead this morning.

I have it connected to the power outlet, not the computer. When not in Dim mode it charges fine.

0 Likes
jsh1120

tmiles wrote:

No it will not fit.  My wife has the pink snap on cover and you have to take the back piece off to fit in the dock.  The cover for the keyboard has to come off.

Oops. That's a dealbreaker for me. I ran into the same problem with the cover on my previous smartphone. Removing the cover is a major PITA. And while I'm willing to go through the drill occasionally when I have to remove the battery for a reboot, it's not something I'm going to do on a daily basis. 

0 Likes
daretoomnia
Contributor - Level 1

kegard wrote:

Why does the phone not charge when in Dim mode? I was surprised to find my phone almost dead this morning.

I have it connected to the power outlet, not the computer. When not in Dim mode it charges fine.

Maybe it's just you and I having this problem, but I got the multimedia dock for Christmas, and it is not charging my Droid when I put it in it overnight....I looked at the little battery icon in the notification panel (by pressing the little "home" icon on the screen that comes up when the Droid is in the dock, and it it not blinking or anything like it does when you plug it in without the dock...

Anyone know if this is just another "some Droids are defective.....some docks are defective" type of thing, or am I (and kegard) just missing some kind of setting or something you have to do to make the dock charge the Droid?  Thanks!

Also, I tried not putting it in the "dim mode" as mentioned in kegards message, but mine still does not charge in the brighter mode either...:smileysad:

0 Likes
ksxox10
Contributor - Level 2

Greetings fellow Droid owners,

I use my multimedia dock nightly. I have to use the dim setting as the regular one is so bright. I would never be able to sleep otherwise. When I wake up in the morning my phone is always 100% charged. To my knowledge I don't have it set on any special setting. Perhaps either your phone or the dock is defective.

Good luck in getting your issue resolved.

Happy New Year!

0 Likes
cb2000

Make sure it is properly seated.  If it is and still not charging then you have a defective charging station.  There are a few aftermarket stations being sold that let you keep your case on.  Check out the Droid forums under accessories (Google Droid forums). 

0 Likes