The Disk you inserted was not readable by this computer......
texasfruit

Trying to download music from my iTunes account and this is the error I get when I hook the USB cable from phone to computer.  I'm using a Mac laptop, and the Droid package came with a disk that was unreadable by my Mac (it was all for Windows operating system).  So, now that I've paid all this $$ for a new phone, how do I get music on it?  

So far, none of these Verizon message boards have been that big of a help!

0 Likes
Re: The Disk you inserted was not readable by this computer......
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@texasfruit, Your SD card that came with the phone must be formatted to FAT32. Best thing to do is to format it from the phone.

Tap Menu-> Settings-> SD & Phone Storage. Tap Unmount SD card. Tap Format SD card.

NOTE: If you are using your own micro sd card which as data on it, make sure you back it up before performing the above steps.

Once this is done, connect your phone to your mac using the usb cable. Remember to switch to "Disk Mode" on the connect to PC phone menu. Once this is done, it should mount and make both your phone storage as well as SD card storage accessible.

Mind you though, I dont think there is a direct way to "sync" this phone with iTunes as it comes. You will need to download a music player from the market. I know that doubleTwist allows syncing with iTunes. Or, you could simply copy over mp3s from your mac to the card.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: The Disk you inserted was not readable by this computer......
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....itunes doesn't play real nice with anything other than apple products. i'd suggest the same as nimiaj. if you know where the original folders are that store your albums, then you should be able to mount the phone and sd card as an external hard drive and just drop and drop or copy and paste all of the albums from yu mac's hard drive the the sd card.

0 Likes