The 2.2 Rave/Rant thread
dmad1rulz

Since, there seems to be a bunch of threads all talking about the good and bad of the new Android 2.2 update, let's consolidate it into one thread. It's not like you can say no to the update anyways, so why not just go ahead and talk about it.

For me personally, the increased speed is my biggest praise for this update. Moving around the different home screens and menus feels very zippy and clean (unlike 2.1 which had a slight lag in the response time). When browsing, pages load about 3-5x faster and navigating feels more natural. I've yet to actually run the Navigator with this update, but from what I've noticed running certain apps that utilize the GPS, it's a lot quicker.

Not all is good though, as I do have to mention the lag. Closing certain apps tend to send you back to a blank home screen which populates after a few seconds. This is fairly evident to me every time I pull my phone out of the docking station. In addition to the lag, battery life is another concern. I've personally noticed the significant decrease on it, but it has steadily been improving. I've read and heard all sorts of guesses on what could be the root cause (which I think has something to do when the phone is on standby mode and is trying to look for a signal and such), but none of which is really definitive.

So yeah, everyone feel free to sing the praises of the new update or smite it down with a wrath of a god. Either way, you're getting the update and there's no turning back.

0 Likes
Re: The 2.2 Rave/Rant thread
marqdave

I've read a couple of threads for the 2.2 update who say that the battery life problemis corrected by:

"uninstall task manager you don't need it anymore.":smileyhappy:

0 Likes