Texts won't send/getting red "!" in message window
seabeewife

Since the new update a week or so ago, some of my text messages wont "send" and I get a red "!" in the message window. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening or ideas how to resolve? Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Texts won't send/getting red "!" in message window
RacerGurl11
Enthusiast - Level 2
I was having issues with texting after the update. It wouldn't show messages I sent or received in my inbox. I could only read them when the first came in and scrolled across the top of the screen. Nothing worked. I finally did a factory reset n it worked perfect. Only downfall is u lose whatever isn't saved onto your SD card
0 Likes
Re: Texts won't send/getting red "!" in message window
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for the suggestion RacerGurl11!

seabeewife, nobody likes seeing the red "!" when trying to send a text!  Let's see what we can do to get your texts sending and receiving properly again.

RacerGurl11 had a great suggestion that helped with the texting issue until the latest software update pushed to the device.  I would also like to suggest checking for updates again.  I know you just received an update, however there was another update released the day following the first update release that fixed the bugs with that update.  The latest software version's Build number is 4.08.605.2.  You can check your software version by following these steps here.

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes