Texts not recieved but yet show as recieved in MyVerizon online??
TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the problem of not receiving texts from different people.  Some are on Verizon and some on ATT I won't ever get the text but yet when I log into my Verizon account it shows that I did receive a text from them (If I didn't have unlimited texts I would be even more upset about that part).  Very Annoying!!!! Any suggestions other than what I have already been told to try (Delete messages and clear cache, reset phone with sim card pulled, also tried a hard reset)

0 Likes
Re: Texts not recieved but yet show as recieved in MyVerizon online??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TheWick, thank you for your post and I can see why not receiving text messages from some people would be annoying! If My Verizon is showing the messages received, that means our network received the message and sent it to your phone. Something in the phone is blocking the messages. It sounds like you have tried quite a bit of troubleshooting which is great. Are these the same contacts each time or random? If certain people, try removing the contact from the phone and re-adding. Make sure to keep message threads low. Are you using any third party messaging apps or the default text application? Is this happening only when using the phone in a certain location? How often do you notice this issue?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Texts not recieved but yet show as recieved in MyVerizon online??
TheWick
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the reply!  This is happening with multiple contacts and not just one.  I have had the problem both when using the default messaging program and when using a 3rd party app called Handcent. This appears to be happening in multiple locations and not just in one as I have had the issue when out of state and when in different cities here in TN.  I would say the issue happens to me at least once a week but is hard to tell unless someone brings it to my attention some may think I am simply ignoring them and never ask me about it. I hate to blame the droid charge in general because I do not know if that is the trouble or not.  I have been a long time customer with verizon and have never had any negative issues but I am ready to throw this particular phone out the window between the texting issues and the data connection never wanting to work 9x's out of 10. Upgrade time can't come soon enough this time around!

Again thanks for the suggestions.  Hope this information helps you and I troubleshoot further.

0 Likes