Re: Texts from 6250
landynsdad
I am getting those also, I signed up with Verizon Thursday and been getting them ever since
0 Likes
landynsdad
But my message says..."VZWNMN: 1"
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@landynsdad
I think I know what is happening with your messages. Check out this link.

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/06/27/incredible-2-owners-receiving-message-from-vzwnmn-here-is-how-t...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tt1080i
Contributor - Level 1

the 6250 text is actually a message from verizon's sync and connect saying you have mail.

You are probably running handcent or another sms program that is misinterpreting that message.

If you setup your email using any of the mail choices like yahoo, windows live, aol, or gmail. What happens is it replicates

those email accounts on verizons web site. Log onto to your account at verizon and go to contacts and there are the email accounts you created on your phone.

To avoid your email residing on verizon's site. And to do away with the 6250 texts.

Delete your email accounts on the verizon site and on the phone.

And recreate them using the "other (pop3/imap)" selection where you created the mail accounts from.

There really needed to be a disclosure from verizon that this would be taking place if we created the mail accounts the way most of us had.

And for me, it is NOT ok for Verizon to have my email accounts sitting on their servers.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

landynsdad-were you able to do what Adam E recommended?

If you've already unsubscribe from any Mobile Email app and you continue to get two SMS notifications you are likely getting one on the native messaging app and one in handcent. Go into Messaging, hit Menu>Settings>then disable the Received Notification setting. That will stop the notification from the native message app on the phone so you only get it on Handcent. And if you've blacklisted it in Handcent, you won't notice it anymore.

This normally helps with the "double alert" for email notifications.

Let me know if you continue to have problems with messages from 6250.

0 Likes
helpme1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

i found a solition go to verzion/my verzion/manage contacts then a little screen appears and it should say backup assisant plus app then go under your seclected email and click remove and poof your problem is fixed!