Texting long messages keyboard freezes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
No issues with 2.2 but this little guy.
Texting long messages, emails, whatever you can think of will start to not respond. It's starts to get slow, slower, then all together almost stops, then speed up real fast. I'd say its at the 300 character range.
If I wait about 30 seconds it'll work fine again.
Anyone else having this issue?
Weird..
0 Likes
Re: Texting long messages keyboard freezes
AZSALUKI
Legend

don't know if i've even typed that much in one text or email? i have typed 3 or 4 sentences so i prolly have. i've not had this issue. what does happen now and then though (even prior to 2.2 so it's unrelated to the update) is that it will quit vibrating upon touching the letters for a bit and then start again...in the middle of typing. no big deal though. has never slowed down like what you are experiencing.

0 Likes
VZW_Zrock02
Contributor - Level 3

It seems an application or phone settings has become corrupt. I would recommend performing a hard reset to clear this up. The instructions to performing the reset are listed below:

Performing a factory reset via settings
The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.
Performing a factory reset using phone buttons
If you cannot turn on your phone or access the phone settings, you can still perform a
factory reset by using the buttons on the phone.
With the phone turned off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then briefly
press the POWER button.
Wait for the screen with the 3 Android images to appear, and then release the VOLUME
DOWN button.
Press VOLUME DOWN to select CLEAR STORAGE, and then press POWER.
When asked to confirm, press VOLUME UP.

Performing a factory reset via settings

The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.

Press HOME

> MENU,

then tap Settings.

Scroll down the screen,

and then tap Privacy

> Factory data reset.

On the Factory data reset screen,

tap Reset phone,

and then tap Erase everything.

Once you have done this it should resolve your issue. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

zach...in the future you may want to warn people that they will lose everything, before you advise a factory reset. some people don't realize this and then do it upon a suggestion. then they come to this forum asking where their pics, music, contacts, emails, settings, apps, etc, etc are. i know it says "erase everything" in part of the process.....but many just don't understand what they are actually doing. they see a verizon rep suggest this and they just do it.

0 Likes