Text messaging...
erryberry

Since I got the recent system update my text messaging has been extremely slow, so much that I want to just throw my phone! It freezes so much and takes a couple mins to get back to the home screen.  Is anyone else having this problem? and does anyone know what I should do? I have tried the regular messages and have also used handscent sms but its happening with both applications and its driving me nuts!!

please help!

0 Likes
Re: Text messaging...
budone
Legend

There is a post somewhere he this section complaining about the same thing. They did the master reset and it corrected that issue.

If you are going to do a reset, be sure to transfer anything from the phones memory to the SD Card first. Backup your contacts with Backup Assistant and even though the reset is not supposed to erase your SD Card, I took the safe route and removed it before I did my reset.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

If your text messages will be erased, use the app called SMS Backup to back up your text messages to your sd card

0 Likes
erryberry

great thanks! I am going to try that.. one question about saving things to the sd card.. what about apps? should i save those to the sd card or will it save me card space to just download them again?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Only certain apps are written so they can be moved to the SD card. I found it easier just to make a list of what I had DL'd and do it again.

0 Likes
erryberry

thanks for the info! I read some of the other threads and tried uninstalling my ATK.  so far so good.  the texting already seems a little better by doing that.  if it gives me problems tomorrow i'm gonna try the reset.  but it seems like the reset fixes the phone up a bit

0 Likes
Tamika1
Contributor - Level 1

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
applecalypse

I'm not sure if you've checked, but there is a setting under the Messages app that you can check to "Delete Old Messages".

Open the Messages app, Click Menu>Settings and make sure the box is not checked!

0 Likes