Text messages delivered blank
ep

My Droid X has been having texting problems lately. Sometimes I get a message that says "Message Delivered to (number) as plain text Destination does not support enhanced messaging service. When this happens the person receiving the message gets symbols and such. Then at other times I don't get any message and it says that the message was sent and the time but the person receiving the message gets a blank. It's frustrating to type something long and not have it go through. On my other phone when you sent a long message it was sent as more than one page. Today when I sent a message it was only 65 characters long, that includes the spaces. Sent it twice and it was blank both times. Any thoughts? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Text messages delivered blank
Meshe
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had a similar problem ... I could send long text to my husband ... and one day my texts to him (same network) they was coming through mixed up and with issues ... spend 2 hours in the verizion store just to find out that I was using the "..." that was on the keyboard instead of typing it in myself and that was the issue ... it was a "enhanced message" feature that the phones didn't like.

0 Likes
ep

I think that may be the problem. When I type a word I use what comes across the top, rather then type the whole thing out. I had words in the text that had apostrophes. Did it deliver the texts blank or give you the message? Thanks.

0 Likes
krichbaums

So, did they ever give you a solution? After reading about this I looked back and found that the word "Don't " was in every text that either delivered blank or with a series of squares.......   I downloaded the update on my phone and then my phone went belly up. Any incoming or outgoing phone call would just be DEAD AIR!   Now I'm off to research that one.

0 Likes
Meshe
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah my solution was not the use the "..." button and to use the "." button instead and it cleared up the problem.

0 Likes