Text message not sent
bnt4ever

Why does my Droid X randomly refuse to send text messages?? What's weird is when it does it, it only does it to one of my contacts it sends to everyone else.... It also like reboots itself at random....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message not sent
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Beats me.  It happens to me also.  Sometimes I'll try three times to resend it and it fails every time.  My solution is to copy the text, paste it into a new message, and send that one and delete the first one.  The second one goes through fine.  Weird.

0 Likes
Re: Text message not sent
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

bnt4ever, I understand the issue with not being able to send text to certain contacts. This issue can affect your communication level and I'm sorry you have to experience this with your messaging functionality. I reviewed some information about this issues and found other customers have reported the problem to us. We found that any contacts with a plus sign infront of the number in the contact list could possibly experience this problem. I recommend removing the plus sign if you have one infront of a phone number in your contact list.

Additionally, I have some questions that would assist in resolving this issue. When you send a message, do you notice a error message that indicates it's not sent successfully? What indications do you receive that let you know it was not being sent to that person?

The random reboots have also been reported by other customers but we do not have a resolution for that issue at this time but we are working on it. I recommend some simple trouble-shooting steps to lessen the reboots. You can try clearing some memory on the phone, which stops the phone from freezing and sometimes having to reboot due to freeze or slowness. I will list steps below to clear cache/browser history, and data history.

1. From a Home screen, select the App menu (located in the lower right)
  2. Select Browser.
    Note If the application icon is missing, select App menu filter (located at the top) then select All apps.

3. Select Menu.

4. Select More.

5. Select Settings.

(In Settings you will have options to clear cache, clear history,  and clear cookie history. Choose each one and clear them individually.)

-Cache NoteVisited website content stored on the device. The cache enables the browser to download only the content that has changed since the last time a website was visited. Since the browser only downloads changed content, pages are loaded faster.

-History Note A listing of URLs (website addresses) that have been recently visited.

-Cookie historyNoteSome cookies contain customized preference and logon information for previously visited websites. Once deleted, the website may prompt for this information again. 

Lastly, if you continue to have the issue you can perform a hard/factory reset. I will list a link to review info about the factory reset and steps. You will want to ensure your information is backed up before performing a hard/factory rest.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=33552

Please keep us posted with the status of your issues.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes