Text Messages with Pictures
amdonovan5

I cannot download a picture sent in a text from a user with a verizon droid phone.  I cannot send a text message with a picture attached as well.   How do I fix this.  My old phone (Droid) had no problem.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages with Pictures
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture messages won't send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular connection.  Is your cellular data turned on?  Some phones are quirky and require that you also turn off wi-fi for picture messages to send/receive; a pain, I know.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Not applicable

A multimedia message (text with photos or music) after you receive the mms you long press on the attachment and then select save to gallery.

If you receive a photo or sound file you may have to go to the Play Store and get an app to open and view or play the media. Your owners manual explains how to do this.

In sending any photo or gif image, I go into my photo gallery and select the photo and then click on share, I then scroll to Multimedia Message and it is attached automatically. Please note many times the size of your picture may be to large to send via MMS in which you would use email. Same goes for music files sent by MMS

Good Luck

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Picture messages won't send/receive over wi-fi, they require a cellular connection.  Is your cellular data turned on?  Some phones are quirky and require that you also turn off wi-fi for picture messages to send/receive; a pain, I know.

0 Likes
amdonovan5

Thank you for the feedback.  I have done the long press and it does not download.  When I send a message I have tried it from the gallery and then send.  Still no luck.   I have turned off my wifi and tried to send over my data connection.      I now get a message that messaging has stopped.

0 Likes
amdonovan5

I have turned off my wifi and tried to send over my data connection.      I now get a message that messaging has stopped.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try sending yourself a picture text; that sometimes gets them moving again.  If that doesn't work, you might call Customer Service and see if they need to reset your text feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amdonovan5, I am sorry to hear that you are issues w/ picture messaging. Are you able to send a picture to yourself? Are you using a 3rd party text app? Can you try this: http://vz.to/19V0LBy and retest?

SammuelP
VZW Support

0 Likes
amdonovan5

I'm not using a third party app my old phone just like this one could

receive messages with pictures

On Oct 17, 2013 7:16 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info, amdonovan5. Is it just one particular contact you're experiencing difficulties with or is this happening with everyone? Did you try placing your device in safe mode and retesting as previously advised?

DaisyP_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
KarenThompson

I wish I would have been informed of this BEFORE I purchased the S5. I don't have 3G or 4G where I live, only 1X and my Wi-Fi, therefore,  I am unable to send/receive MMS. I am retired, don't travel away from home and am so disappointed that my kids/grandkids cannot send me photos to my phone. I requested a refund after learning of this "design flaw" just this evening, but have had the phone for 3 weeks, so I am out of luck. I miss my iPhone!

0 Likes