Text Messages stored
Kevin0715

How long are text messages saved if my phone is off?  I am going on a cruise and want to know if I will get any
text messages sent when I turn my phone back on.  It will only be off while we are at sea.

0 Likes
Re: Text Messages stored
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I believe they're saved on Verizon's Server until a Data connection is noted on your phone and then they're all sent. You can test this yourself just by putting the phone in Airplane mode or turning it off and having someone send you a bunch of text msgs.   Is that what your question is???

0 Likes
Kevin0715

Yes that is what my question is.  Thank you for the response.  I was going to test it that way.  But someone told me they may only save for 12 hours and my phone will be off for more than that.  So wasn't sure if I would get them or not.  For example my phone will be off as of 4:00pm on Sunday and won't be back on till 8:00am Tuesday morning.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

I never heard of that "limit" of 12 hours ...  Maybe contact Verizon and ask them just to be sure?  I was on a 2 week trip last September where I had no phone service. I received a few old text msgs when I turned on my service - but I really don't use TEXTING much.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Afternoon Cody21,

I understand the value of receiving your important text messages. Please be aware there isn't a set amount of time the messages would be stored if they have not yet been delivered to your handset. Although it is possible, you may receive delayed messages after you return from your trip and connect with our network, it is not guaranteed.

There are certain cruises and destinations that you may be able to utilizing your messaging. I have attached a link below for additional information. Please keep in mind your account would need to be setup prior to leaving. I hope you enjoy your cruise!

goo.gl/5HQG1

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW

VZW Support

Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Actually it was not my question -- it was Kevin's ..  thanks

0 Likes