Re: Text Message Notifications
UnclePhil
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sometime in the middle of Atlanta snowmageddon Tuesday, while sending and receiving more texts than I ever have in such a short period, the Messaging icon on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar, running Android 4.1.2, began showing 1 unread message. Didn't matter if I had 0 or 5 actual unread messages. Verified no voice mails either. Rebooted phone and even pulled the battery a couple of minutes. No change. Then found this at:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-galaxy-s-iii/188578-text-message-icon-showing-three-unread-...

Go to Settings - Application Manager - All - select BADGEPROVIDER - Clear Data. Restart Phone.

Let there be dancing in the streets, it's fixed! I won't even pretend to understand why.

Also, I didn't lose any contacts, pictures, apps, or any other data as I would in a factory reset.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying those steps BEvans1212. I understand that it can be annoying to have a false indicator. Please clear cache from your Messages application. This will not delete messages. http://vz.to/1ddrIMX

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mcbman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do not have "BADGEPROVIDER".. have trieds clearinging Data and Cache from the Messages application. also forced stop on the application. Have did Hard reset.  Nothing works. Still stuck saying 1 unread message

0 Likes
mcbman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hard reset did not work. Neither did clearing messaging app cache

0 Likes
mcbman
Enthusiast - Level 2

clearing messaging app cache did not work. Neither did a hard reset

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jlitersk
I'm very sorry to hear your having these issues. I want to work with you on this issue. Are you using a third party application to send messages? Have you deleted all old messages? Have you tried deleting the cache?

I look forward to hearing from you.

JoeL_VZW

mcbman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is this post from JoeL_VZW for real? Seriously?

Is anyone reading these??

no 3rd party apps. tried deleting messages. tried clearing messaging app cache. tried forcing stop of messaging app. tried hard reset.  Nothing fixes

vacilios
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the solution somebody mentioned earlier about going to apps -> all -> then clearing the data under badge something. I didn't have badge whatever, but I did have a process titled "badger" and I cleared its cache and restarted my phone and haven't had a problem since. Did this yesterday.

Try this and see if it helps.

--- Original Message ---

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Mcbman,

I do noticed that vacilios was able to provide helpful insight into the concern. Have you attempted his suggestion of heading into Apps > All > "Badger" and then clearing data. "Badger" is the process that displays unread counts. Keep me posted with any questions or concerns.

YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
jlitersk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

0 Likes