Text Message Notifications
vacilios
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently, after updating my device with Android 4.4, my text messaging icon has had a notification of one unread message that will not go away. Even after deleting every message in the app the notification remains. Does anybody know how to fix this? Things I have tried already:

1. Deleting all text messages

2. In the apps menu under settings I have force stopped the messaging app and hit the clear data button as well

When I restart my cellphone the notification goes away for a while; however, it always returns and then won't disappear again. Could this be a problem from the recent update? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Text Message Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vacillos,

Oh my! Let's solve this mystery! Are you using a third party application for your messages? Is this the only notification you cannot get rid of? Please provide additional details to better assist you.

-KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vacilios
Enthusiast - Level 2

KarenC_VZW,

No, I am using the messaging application that came standard with my phone. That is the only notification that I cannot get rid of.

Let me know if there are any more details that I can provide. Thanks

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
BEvans1212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also currently experiencing the same issue and would appreciate some guidance on how to correct it on my Droid Ultra.  Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vacilios, thanks for those details. This messaging issue isn't a known problem caused by the recent software update. However, when downloading 3rd party applications, some application software can affect the performance of your device. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications and power your device off/on to soft reset.

Have you checked your voice mail feature? This may be a voice mail notification. Acces your voice mail, enter your password, and check your voice mail inbox. Once you have checked your messages, press the (*) star key to end that session. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

mcbman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having this problem. I have never installed a third party sms app and I do not have any voicemails...  however the default SMS Icon is always showing 1 unread message.

0 Likes
BEvans1212
Enthusiast - Level 2

Like the previous person mentioned, I also do not have a third party SMS software, nor do I have any voicemails.  My issue started on Sunday evening when I deleted a text messaging conversation right as the same person was sending me another text message.  Since then, it has shown a 1 next to my messages even though I do not have any messages.  I have tried everything to clear this, even going into the contacts and opening up a new sms with the person who sent the one I deleted...still no luck.

jlitersk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes I am having the same issue it started when a text box was open while receiging another text and now the notification will not go away!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BEvans1212,

I'm sorry to hear that you have also been effected by this particular issue. We appreciate you taking the necessary steps to help resolve this concern. If all of the steps listed by the previous representative did not resolve this issue, we may need to try a hard reset.

For steps on how to complete this step click http://vz.to/1cw4C8w Let us know if this helps?

EfrainM_VZW

0 Likes
vacilios
Enthusiast - Level 2

The previous steps did not fix the problem, but I will try the hard reset and post again later.

Thanks

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes