Task Killer or No Task Killer...
TeachGa06

What's your opinion and why?

0 Likes
Re: Task Killer or No Task Killer...
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Decent article and explanation from google explaining why you shouldn't.

http://androidspin.com/2010/05/25/why-you-dont-need-a-task-killer-app-with-android/

0 Likes
TeachGa06

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i use one, but completely understand why many don't feel that you should. IF you're going to use one, then you really need to learn which apps to put on the "ignore list." i use it often as it is just easier to kill 20 apps running in the background with an app killer. however, i have a number of apps on my "ignore list" that really need to NOT BE killed. i think they are fine....if you take the time to learn how to properly use them.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

I don't use Task Killer and never have. I already can see apps running in the background when I go into manage apps. I can just stop apps when i go into apps running. No need for task killer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I believe that the reason for the Task Killer is to simplify access to a way to close unwanted running apps without having to scan multiple menus to do so.... Also I noticed that a number of new devices are starting to add a task manager by default.

I havent understood the concept of having so many apps running in the background and expecting them not to cause lag and battery drain, I do understand android can multitask without issues but it still has to impact resources.

My device has ran flawlessly since I started using one, as long as you add the important apps to the ignore list issues can be minimized. I have learned over the years that bench test situations can not compare to a real world enviroment, so I wont just take someones view as the final word.. Because their opinon is just that... A opinon but I still appreciate the article.

0 Likes