System update 4.08 turned my phone into a brick
ddoubldub

I believe it was OTA system update 4.08 for my incredible and now my phone halts at the fastboot screen. It wont boot to the OS and is non-responsive with both volume buttons and the power button.  Is anyone experiencing similar issues? I'm going to the verizon store tomorrow to see what they can do.

0 Likes
Re: System update 4.08 turned my phone into a brick
ohmygodmike
Nope. Just got mine about an hour ago and so far so good. I've even done a couple power cycles and restart's and it all seems ok for now. No issues at all. Market says Verizon even!
0 Likes
gunshy69

Did the same update yesterday and the same thing happened to me. Had to go to a Verizon store since tech support had no info on any update???? At Verizon they had to do a hard reset...yippee! Phone is back but this AM the update has shown up again and I am not going to install it.

0 Likes
ddoubldub

is 4.08 a major update?

0 Likes
ddoubldub

Just got back from the verizon store.  Apparently the update rendered my phone useless. There's nothing they can do.  im out 150 bucks.  Now i have to either find a phone with a broken screen to replace my motherboard or go back to my old POS. 

0 Likes
Phategod1

I take it your tried a hard reset (holding the down volume button and power at the same time for 5 seconds) then entering into recovery mode? And then deleting the temp cache?

0 Likes
M___

I just pulled out the battery and it worked. Waiting to see if it update shows up again. Theres another post that shows links to a way to retart it and people where happy with that. Hard reset......seems extreme but that seems to be their answer to everything. Under about phone in settings it says its up to date.

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can't get this one to install. I get the message that it will reboot and install, but it never does. I do have a concern as this is rooted, but still running the pure software, no cyanogen or anything like that. I did also pull off a few of the VZ crapware that came pre-installed so not sure if that made a difference.

I have tried chaning the date and time to trigger it but same thing, downloads, states it will reboot to install and nothing. I have an S3 on order so not too worried about this. Prob will do a factory restore before putting it up for sale.

0 Likes