annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can do the same by just choosing factory reset in my settings. I don't

want to lose everything

Anna

Re: System Update Relentless
droidfanvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have any of you rooted your phone? If you have this will break your Update Service and that is why it will keep telling you about the update and even if you so go ahead and apply it will refuse to reboot.

0 Likes
LCinLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope, haven't rooted the phone and I really wouldn't want to do a factory reset -- what a pain to restore everything!

0 Likes
annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

No we have not rooted our phones. As I am sure I don't even know what that

means. Nor, do I want to. Anyway to actually get a remedy from Verizon?

Anna

0 Likes
droidfanvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just curious I have seen that error before but on rooted devices. I know a factory reset isn't fun but it may be your only option. To ease the pain check out an app called Astro File Manager it has a nifty feature that will backup your apps and data.

0 Likes
droidfanvzw
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to inform you Anna but everytime I have seen this message the only solution was a factory reset. These errors are pretty rare and usually only happen when updates get interrupted or someone has rooted the device and tried to take it back to factory.

0 Likes
annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, all No big deal, for me, I just press my home page button and

error goes away. I will be getting a new phone in December. Just wondered

if there was an easy fix.

Anna

On Sep 21, 2012 11:41 PM, "droidfanvzw" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
inkydinky

HI, I was having this same problem and I finally had to break down and do a factory reset.  Knowing how much I use my phone and how many new apps and updates are coming out that are data space hogs I was afraid to go back to stock OS on the DInc.  

Added benefits have turned out to be well above and beyond what I expected. I now have better reception (I can actually move more than a few inches and not have my calls drop) and I discovered my speaker was NOT BROKEN - it really does work and works well.  So now, even though I was ready to throw my phone through a stinking window, I can actually use and enjoy my phone.  My mom and I would commiserate that we were unable to have a decent conversation without someone sounding like Darth Vader or having to say 'huh, what'd you say?' or ironically "Can you hear me now?"  Yesterday I called DH, DB and Mom and walked freely from one end of the house to the other without having so much as a blip in the conversation!  Awesome!  

So I say to Verizon, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?  I wonder sometimes if the updates are intended to make us frustrated with old devices so we are goaded into purchasing new phones and new contracts. . .

>Comments concerning rooting are not permitted<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
LCinLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did receive a call from Verizon after sending them an email. They told me the only way to fix the problem is to do a factory reset, but it has to be a SPECIAL factory reset. Like you, I am not willing to go through the hassle of reinstalling all of my apps, etc., just to install their update. I'm pretty annoyed with the whole thing.

0 Likes
annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hear you on that one. Not hardly worth it. Besides unless they are ready

to offer jelly bean I'm just gonna deal with it

Anna

0 Likes