System Update Relentless
LCinLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Incredible is running software number 4.08.605.2. I keep getting messages that there is a system update but it is for .4.08.605.15. I am assuming that is older, not newer. Is there a way to get rid of these messages? They are nonstop and my battery life already sucks as it is. (and if they're going to give their updates cute names like ice cream sandwich or gingerbread, why don't they just use those names instead of these wacky numbers?)

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: System Update Relentless
newdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the update yesterday. I accomplished this by holding down the power button and the Volume minues button at the same time. The phone took me the OS screen where I performed the clear cache. *Warning* This will wipe your phone clean of any apps that aren't preinstalled this is a factory reset that I did. The phone rebooted then pushed the latest update through in two phases but now my phone is running better than before it used to freeze up after calls and the battery life is superb with a little help from Task Killer of course. I did get all my contacts restored along with pics and music since all of it was on my SD card. So I can confirm that a factory reset worked at least for me.  Im running 4.08.605.15 710RD. Hope this info helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi LCinLA!
I understand how frustrating these messages can be! I reviewed the details of the Incredible and the most recent version is 4.08.605.15, so I would recommend completing the update. This will bring the phone up to date and stop thise messages at the same time!

Please go ahead and update it, and let me know the results, once you have had a chance to monitor the device. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LCinLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried to complete the update numerous times. I get a message saying that the system is going to reboot to do the update, but it never reboots and there is never a completed update. I don't get any error message about the update not completing properly. I have to turn off the phone and restart to make the update message go away.

0 Likes
cnnbaker

I have the exact same problem - I get the message that the system update is ready to install, I select install, the phone says it's going to reboot but nothing ever happens.  This has been going on for several months.

0 Likes
annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same issue. It says the update has been downloaded, but it never completes the reboot process.

LCinLA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wouldn't it be awesome if Verizon customer service actually responded to this thread again? (I figure if we keep writing each other maybe they'll notice the post and move it up the food chain.)

0 Likes
ebli

me too- for months this has happened.

in fact, last year when the 4.08.605.2 came out, my phone had the same issue.  Eventually tech had to send me out a new phone with this update pre-installed as they could not resolve the issue.

Not long after receiving this refurbished phone, the 4.08.605.15 came out and I had the same exact issue!

On top of that issue, when I use the camera it freezes and force reboots.

Uggghhhh.  Been dealing with this for months and tech cannot help me.  They just tell me to keep trying.

So annoyed.  What am I paying near $100 a month for????

0 Likes
fyrwmn

Darn, I came here looking for the answer to the same problem as above. Smiley Sad

System update ready to install but does nothing after it does the reboot countdown.

How do we fix this?

Thanks!

0 Likes
annahale
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read somewhere to do a factory reset. I just don't feel like doing it.

Anna

newdb8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the update yesterday. I accomplished this by holding down the power button and the Volume minues button at the same time. The phone took me the OS screen where I performed the clear cache. *Warning* This will wipe your phone clean of any apps that aren't preinstalled this is a factory reset that I did. The phone rebooted then pushed the latest update through in two phases but now my phone is running better than before it used to freeze up after calls and the battery life is superb with a little help from Task Killer of course. I did get all my contacts restored along with pics and music since all of it was on my SD card. So I can confirm that a factory reset worked at least for me.  Im running 4.08.605.15 710RD. Hope this info helps.

0 Likes