Sync contacts settings
danob

Is there a way to change setting for syncing contacts in backup assistant? I removed duplicate/triplicate contacts in backup assistant online and when I synced with phone they all reappeared in backup assitant contacts online.

What I need is to set backup assistant to WIN over phone much like Blackberry sync settings have. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sync contacts settings
Wildman
Legend

You really dont need Backup Assistant with Android because all your cantacts are stored on Google and the update to your device when you log into your gMail account also BA sometimes have a mind of its own...You can disable BA by clearing the data from Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service?

Log into Google first and veridy all contacts are there and then disable BA and edit info on Google if the information is doubled.

Also there isnt any reason to post the same question more than once.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
are they duplicates or a 2nd or 3rd phone number for the same person?
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You really dont need Backup Assistant with Android because all your cantacts are stored on Google and the update to your device when you log into your gMail account also BA sometimes have a mind of its own...You can disable BA by clearing the data from Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tab / Sync Service?

Log into Google first and veridy all contacts are there and then disable BA and edit info on Google if the information is doubled.

Also there isnt any reason to post the same question more than once.

0 Likes