Sync Droid3 contacts and car radio
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Has anyone been able to transfer Droid3 contacts to a Kenwood car radio?  Mine will only sync some of the contacts.  Searching the internet looks like it is a Droid3 issue.  I don't want Facebook contacts, just Google.  Looks like iPhone will sync without any problems. 

0 Likes
Re: Sync Droid3 contacts and car radio
toddjones

i also have a new kenwood stereo and have found mostthe the time it doesnproperly doownload the addreess book properly, in fact rarely has. but my big issue with it is thatt it refuses to display any text messages coming in via bluetooth? i have searched to no avail on this issue, anyone else dealing with this? is this a verizon issue or a kenwood issue????

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ontheroad,

Looking at your screen name, I'm sure it would be much more convenient to have your contacts synced with your car stereo. I can definitely help you with this. You would simply need to copy the contacts to the SD card on the phone and then they should sync with your stereo. Below are the steps for you.

Contacts

Menu

Import/Export

Where it says "Export Contacts to:" select SD Card.

Once they are synced, please test this with your car stereo and post your results.

Here is a link to the manual for the Droid 3 for you and other users of this device.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=5676&m=

I hope this information is helpful for you, and have a good day!

Christina B

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ontheroad
Contributor - Level 1

Hi Christina - I have not had time to work with the phone and radio.  I will

reply just as soon as I can.  Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
cowgirlchicks

Hi Christina - I had to exchange the Kenwood for another radio.  The new one seems to be OK, so far.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi cowgirlchicks!

That's so great to hear! Please keep me posted and thanks for your reply.

Christina B

0 Likes