Switching from T-mobile to Verizon (Getting 2 Incredible's) - Ship Date Issues
jon23781

Ordered: May 10th (evening) - At local Verizon store (Colonial Heights, VA) Ordered (2) two Droid Incredible's for myself and wife. <--- was told would arrive on May 29th or may come earlier
Ship notification: Not yet
Arrived: Not yet

Called Verizon Customer Service:
May 17th to verify <--- gal told me it would ship May 19th or 20th (Unfortunately did not get her name, big mistake in retrospect - but I trusted her.)

May 20th

called to get tracking number <--- lady told me that my information was in the system but there was no order placed. Instructed to get name off receipt and call local store
Visited local store - Was informed that it would not be shipped until 29th and was ensured that order was placed.

May 24th

Called Customer Service in effort to verify which rep was correct in my last (2) two calls to customer service.
A man informed me that he could see my information but that no order was placed.

May 29th or 31st (Future)

Plan to go to store to make sure that order was placed and get tracking number if possible.

I hope what I have experienced is not a reflection on Verizon. I have family with Verizon and have been looking forward to a switch for sometime. Since V-Wireless finally got Android phones I started saving up. I just spent $1,000 on phones and accessories to switch and I don't feel that I have been taken care of. I am starting to regret my switch.

0 Likes
Re: Switching from T-mobile to Verizon (Getting 2 Incredible's) - Ship Date Issues
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just keep in mind too that you have 30 days to cancel the service to avoid paying the early termination fee. So if you want to cancel after all,it's best to do it within 30 days.

0 Likes
Re: Switching from T-mobile to Verizon (Getting 2 Incredible's) - Ship Date Issues
jon23781

Yeah I have thought about that quite frequently with all the different bits of information I have received. To be honest the wait sucks, but I went in knowing that I would have to wait for the phone. I have no problem with that, my issue was the several different things I had been told and even asking multiple times never cleared anything up.

But to update anyone who reads this, I recently took my concerns and submitted them to Verizon through their online support. They responded rather promptly asking me to call there telesales dept to confirm everything and apologizing for the inconvenience.

I didn't get any definitive answer when I called but I did get a little clarity.

Apparently when you're a new customer and you order a phone that's on back order then only the store or service you bought it through can let you know when the phone will be shipped. All of the other services such as customer service can only see your information, such as social, name & address.

This means that I am fairly certain I can take the stores word that it will ship on the 29th even though it is a Saturday and the following Monday is a Holiday. So in actuality I expect it will ship June 1st.

And although the rep who emailed me back did not give me correct information he did respond quickly and even traded a couple emails with me without delay. Compared to my current provider (Terrible-Mobile) I am rather impressed on their online response to my concern but VERY disheartened by their customer service reps I spoke with on the phone.

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

"

Apparently when you're a new customer and you order a phone that's on back order then only the store or service you bought it through can let you know when the phone will be shipped. All of the other services such as customer service can only see your information, such as social, name & address. "

Which reinforces the point that I have made manytimes in this forum, VZW actually consists of THREE separate entities, brick and mortar stores,  VZW online,  and VZW phone reps, and they do not play well together!

VZW should go back to the "can you hear me now?" guy in their TV ads, because the current ones displaying a few hundred VZW employees following you around all the time IS JUST PLAIN DECEIVING! They ought at least divide that group in the ads into three well defined groups, with the customer turning to one and asking a question, then have all three groups look obviously confused, yelling, talking and mumbling back and forth , and finally throwing their hands up in the air and giving one big collective " I dunno" shrug!

THAT is a true representation of today's VZW customer service!

hey VZW... CAN YOU HEAR US NOW?????????????

0 Likes
jon23781

They ought at least divide that group in the ads into three well defined groups, with the customer turning to one and asking a question, then have all three groups look obviously confused, yelling, talking and mumbling back and forth , and finally throwing their hands up in the air and giving one big collective " I dunno" shrug  then point a finger at the guy/girl next to them.

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Or have each of them hold up a sign that says " WE FEEL YOUR PAIN", or " WE UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION".

0 Likes