Stuck on 1X AGAIN Solution!
Tuscoro
Enthusiast - Level 2

I and mny wife have had this issue countless times in the last 1 1/2 years... I couldn't count how many times I have called Verizon searching for answer which always ends up with some upgrade... don't get me wrong, I am a 20 year verizon customer. We live in a poor service area... (small town) every now and then, one of our phones switches to 1X and the usual either do a factory reset (Pain in the Ars) or wait anywhere from ours to days for the phone to decide to switch back to 3 or 4G...

In one of the many recomendations we resolved in Verizon sending us an extender... it never worked... no surprise... THIS TIME and this morning we woke up to both of our phones on !X... I have had enouph of this crap I thought... not being on the network due to my phones whim to be on !X, I had no choice but to contact a gentileman via live chat...(Stuart, Thank You!) Verizon is now going to send us a 4G extender? what? I thought thats what we had?... O'well, but rather than wait days for the phones to magically switch back to 4G, I thought what would I do if my computer was doing this?... then it hit me....

TRY THIS... it worked for both of our phones 1st time...and imidiately WITHOUT DOING A FACTORY RESET!!! woo hoo!

* Power your phone off...

* Remove the sim card...

*power your phone on WITHOUT the sim card inserted... (What? it can't find the bad command to put it on 1X?} This clears the cache or Ram? memory) I think, but dont care...

* Your phone will now tell you the obvious, I needs a sim card to work.... comply by shutting down the phone again...

* Reinsert the sim card and power on the phone... ( now it knows to go where it should for factory commands rather than the cache where the bad command was.... your phone should now be on its usual setting.... and 4G...

It worked for us, I hope it works for you....

If it didn't, you probably really do need a new phone.... 😉

I am just tired of the solution always being... you need a new phone... (which we can't afford) you need to factory reset... (of which if I have to do again, I am going back to a landline) ...when I was a kid we bought a new phone.... that was 40 plus years ago... that phone still works.... whats up with that? We can in the 60's talk to a man on the moon but can't get reasonable cell service to my small town?

Despite it all... we are still very gratefull to Verizon for ALWAYS bending over backwards to resolve the issues... But AT-T?.... you suck... and so does your nasty attitude employees... we will never go back... its been 20 years... Thank You Verizon!, I hope this fix helps your customers having the same issues...

PS... Verizon programmers... stop trying to fix that which is not broken.... 😉