Stop VCast Media Mgt website from opening?
carolzeitz

Every time I connect my Droid X to my computer, the VCast website automatically opens suggesting I download the program. I got so tired of it, I tried downloading it to make the load go away, but the program doesn't work with my computer. I don't really want the program, I just want this auto-opening of the website to stop. Please. make. it. stop.

Any ideas, anyone?

0 Likes
Re: Stop VCast Media Mgt website from opening?
ckelsoe1

I am tired of this also. I do not want the software. It does not run on 64 bit versions of windows. Verizon, displaying this once is enough already.

0 Likes
CFJ

When the phone is connected to your PC look for the Motorola icon in your task tray (in Windows 7 you may need to click on the little up arrow to show hidden items). Right-click on it and select  "When phone connects, launch..." and choose "Nothing".

0 Likes
carolzeitz

THANK YOU. Could that have been any less obvious? LOL....

0 Likes
ohryan

How do do it if you're using an HTC Incredible running Android 2.2 and don't have the Motorola thing at the bottom of your screen?

0 Likes
tonytopper

First off, what is wrong with Verizon that they thought this wouldn't **bleep** people off.  I am extremely turned off to this product.  I am tempted to boycott the product because of how annoying this is.

It makes me want to punch my computer screen.

Seriously, what small-minded beaurocratic thought this was a good idea?  They should be fired.

How do I get rid of this before I fling my Incredible accross the room and switch back to AT&T?

0 Likes
Buckeye45

That did it, thank you for your help.  :robothappy:

0 Likes
ssmith10pn
Enthusiast - Level 3

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
VZmb

To stop Vcast web site each time you plug usb in after froyo update

dial ##7764726

Hit Call

Type Password 000000 (that's 6 zeros)

Hit Feature Settings

Choose CD ROM

Click Disable

Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed but it won’t open the F@##$# Vcast commercial anymore.)

0 Likes
katmajic

Thank you so much. That's going to really improve my phone charging experience!

0 Likes