Stop Backup+ Media
thelemur

I've got a Samsung Droid Charge.  There's a backup program that keeps trying to run. I don't want it to. the login screen for it says "Backup Assistant Plus" but the icon for it says "Backup+ Media" How can I uninstall/permanently disable this app?

0 Likes
Re: Stop Backup+ Media
thelemur

Seriously? No response from the administrator? Backup Assistant Plus is CONSTANTLY trying to start, and I don't like it. I get a lot of messages about my SD Card being missing, or corrupt because of this, and I think it's the reason I have to keep downloading my books for the Kindle app.

This app is TERRIBLE, and I worry that it's damaging my data and/or my SD Card. PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET IT OFF MY PHONE.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a peer to peer customer forum. Not everyone responds to the posts.

Backup Assistant Plus can be removed from your account through your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
thelemur

Yeah, but I know that Verizon customer service checks the message board. I"'m pretty disappointed that after a week no one bothered to acknowledge.

Although I think maybe my problem has not been fully explained. I never registered for Backup Assistant Plus. It is not enabled in my account. And I am not logged in on my phone. Yet it constantly badgers me to sign in/register and use it.

This is a deal breaker. If I can't be on Verizon with a smart phone and not be constantly harassed by this application, it's not worth it to be on Verizon. It interrupts other apps, it tries to start every time I turn on the phone, even if I hadn't completely shut down (I will finish a message or a call, push the power button, then a few minutes later turn the screen back on and it will shove a login screen in my face), it is constantly giving messages about my SD card being removed (it's not) and then rescanning the card.

Thus I need to DISABLE orUNINSTALL the APP. I don't need to just disconnect my account. I need the app to stop doing anything at all.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, Verizon reps roam the forum, but they don't respond to every post and even when they do, it's often a week or two after a post is left.

Ensure that the sync on Backup Assistant is turned off; clear cache/data on all Backup Assistant apps, then force stop them.  You can't uninstall them, but if your phone is on ICS (and I don't believe it is), you can disable them.  Also be sure to force stop Sync Service (or disable if you're on ICS).

0 Likes