Still no 2.2 update in NC?
poe_diddley

i still haven't received the update yet.  i know it doesn't matter, but i pre-ordered my phone and got it the day the Incredibles were released into the wild.

i've checked every single day, multiple times a day, and still no 2.2

now that i've read a lot about other users having issues, most notably the apps that won't turn off or uninstall, i'm not sure i really want it, but i do think it's pretty screwy that i don't have it yet...

anyone in NC received theirs?

i'm near Greensboro, and honestly have always had problems actually receiving software updates on my  Verizon phones for whatever reason, regardless of the phone......

0 Likes
Re: Still no 2.2 update in NC?
Davidators

I'm in southwest Texas, and I have not gotten the update yet either.... I'm hoping it's not something wrong with my phone... Anyone else out there who hasn't gotten the update?

It is scary though, after all the complaints I've seen...  We'll see what happens!

0 Likes
jgatl57

No update here near Atlanta. Afraid something is wrong with my phone or account...Seems like everyone I know has gotten it but me....

0 Likes
pb2past
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why are you all so anxious to have the upgrade? I would give anything to have the old one back. I have not seen a single feature on 2.2 that I can say is a benefit. Bunch of useless apps that you have to pay for to run. They start up in the background and run the battery down, yes, you can now turn your phone to either side and the screen turns! Big deal. I have not noticed any difference in call quality. It was fine before 2.2 and it is still ok. Maybe that's to do with the service where I live. As I have said in my other thread, the biggest problem is the pop3 e-mail that will be deleted. So watch out for that if you use pop3 e-mail.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yo Po,

I received 2.2 last week. It's upgraded features are enjoyable, like 720p on my camera, the LED flashlight, and its browser does seem faster. I've also experienced a few snags since the update, including the more annoying "stuck" 3G radio issue, which I have been researching for a few days. I think there are a couple of other minor problems in the software update, some of which were cleared up when I did a factory reset.

So I think you'll be pleased with your update overall when it comes, but don't expect your phone to work just as handsomely when you get the update as it did before. CNET and other gadget news outlets have picked up on the not-so-smoothe-roll-out of the 2.2. update, so only time will tell whether any of the issues are a big enough deal to warrant pushing a fix to all the DIncs out there!

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

I forgot to mention that I'm located in the Triangle.

0 Likes
ravenwhale

Received notice to my phone that 2.2 was here!  Pressed install and it immediately failed.  I have been waiting ever since for it to come around again.  Almost a week now.  Verizon said I just need to wait.  It is frustrating since it seems almost everyone else received their download.  Glad to hear some people have not yet.  I am in Northern California.

0 Likes
Grayson

I still have not received 2.2 either (NYC here). But am starting to think this is a good thing. Once you get the OTA notice, can you permanently dismiss it or do you have to download it?

0 Likes
hdsnprry
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi poe diddly I'm in NC and I got my update like Friday or sat. But for me the 2.2 does have some pos. And neg. Things about it, just thought I would warn you..
0 Likes
poe_diddley

so until today i had no sign of update to 2.2.

then i got an email saying i was sent the update.

but i never got it.

tried to restart and check system update, but it tells me im up to date.

still on 2.1

anyone have something like this happen

0 Likes