Spell Checker on HTC Incredible-Dont have it?
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

Okay first off "I completely dislike the predictive text". Yes I'm sure if we take a poll there might be a lot of users who like it; however I do not.

So aside from that is there not a way to spell check things?

According to the manual theres a couple ways to enable spelling; guess the QWERTY way and the small qwerty way.

But in either case; how do you manually spell check something?  I entered the word ponly and with the predictive text it automatically gave me some words to choose from; okay so I select only but then guess what I accidentally hit a couple letters only only to give it: onlypb

Now that my notepad accidentally got saved with onlypb is there not a way to spell check it again?

I'm sorry but I came from a Blackberry and I could just open the menu and have a way to spell check things.

Okay yes I know Androids are different.  So here are some questions.

1-Is there any way to enable spell checking without enabling predictive text?

2-Is there a third party application that would spell check my document (I havent searched, was hoping someone would give me their opinion on what is best)

3-And if theres a way to open a menu and select "check spelling"

For the most part I always type in QWERTY (landscape) but even though I checked Predictive Text and then checked spelling but disabled Predictive Text; it still wont spell check my documents.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Spell Checker on HTC Incredible-Dont have it?
AZSALUKI
Legend

heck....i just want to know where you found the notepad??? i've downloaded 2 different notes apps and don't care much for either. i've never had a phone that didn't have a built in notepad....but i have yet to find one on the incredible? and i wasn't a fan of the predictive typing at first....but it's grown on me now. i'll let you know if i come across an app or any way of spell checking. are you just talking for notes....or for text and email too?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

check this thread from another forum:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-incredible-general-discussions/43833-htc-incredible-keyboard....

looks like a few options and i've actually been curious about a "swype" type of typing.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

"Colornote" by socialnmobile; downloaded app via the Market; thats about as good as a notepad as I can find.  My Blackberry Storm 9530 had one built in but yeah I noticed that the Incredible did not; so my friend told me about that one; it isnt too bad :smileyhappy: 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

thx...i'll check it out. and i'm in disbelief that there isn't an all inclusive type of spell checker. i haven't checked out the other keyboards yet.....not sure if the keyboard includes a spellchecker for whenever you are typing or what??? i've never had a smartphone so it's all new to me. but i sure thought it would be able to spell check w/o the predictive typing.

0 Likes