Space Key on physical keyboard not working!
debta2

All of a sudden when texting, I press the space key and the phone freezes.. it won't allow me to type anything else, and then goes back to the message list - not saving anything I typed.  I just seems to be the Space key.. if I type a period or hyphen between every word, I can type the text... Does anybody have any ideas and how I can get this to STOP!!!!

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Space Key on physical keyboard not working!
BigMamaMarie

Had the same problem on my daughters phone returned to store. Employee stated that they had a couple phones with same problem since the upgrade.  We received another pre-owned phone and guess what it is doing it again.  I have the exact same phone except for the color and mine has not had this problem. 

I have the dark color (blue?) and my daughter has white. 

Return to store ask for a new phone, see what happens.

0 Likes
KDD81

I have the Droid X and i had the same problem on my brand new phone only 3 weeks after buying it brand new from the store. I brought it to the verizon store in another state after moving, and their " technical" expert there stated to me it was due to the " Swype" settings.... NOT! AFter 3 more trips back to the store after it wouldnt fix itself ( and it was not only the space bar that froze my phone, but rather any punctuation keys locked it up as well.),  a different manager was there on my last attempt to get this fixed and he stated it had nothing to do with any phone settings or upgrades on the phone. It was just a software issue./ glitch and because I had a warrenty on my phone, he said he just had to replace my phone and apologized to me for all my weeks worth of troubles coming back to the store so often only to not have my phone fixed.

Recall, I bought my phone brand new to the tune of 300 bucks... give or take a few pennies... however, when i returned my phone, I received a " certified used " phone in the mail. When I called the number to activate my " new" replacement phone, the technical support lady rattled off the name of my phone before I ever told her the type! I had just told her my issues with it and needed my new one activated! She chuckled after I was so amazed she knew exactly which phone I had, as Verizon has plenty in their stock! She said she has been dealing with so many replacement droid X's expecially lately and all of them have the same issue!

So far this replacement phone is working ok.. a little sluggish at times with typing and keeping up, nothing locking up right now, but it seems like if I change screens too quickly, then it can get slow and sluggish to respond.

I still regret not getting the Apple Iphone when they came out just a few weeks prior to this Droid X. The Verizon staff are coached to push and sell their products first and of course the rep talked down the Iphone and talked up the Droid... ick... not as user friendly as the Iphone and I do alot of my work on my phone. Droid X is a wanna be Iphone it seems like.

Hope this helps answer the mystery behind your issues with your phone. My advice... spare yourself the frustration and waiting times at verizon store and just turn the phone in for a new one!

Good luck!

:smileyhappy:

0 Likes
DCFLA

Same troubles for me and I thought it was software related (I have the most current update applied) and not hardware, so I just strung together a few forum posts and used a 3 step fix & setting adjustment.

It seems to have worked for me.  Clear cache, remove autofills, and clear all quick launch settings.  

The thread is here.  Hope it works for you too.  

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-DROID-2-by-Motorola/Keyboard-typing-error/td-p/727943

Thx to @breezex fo the help.

0 Likes