Sound issues
angerandhope
Enthusiast - Level 2

Starting this afternoon, I have had absolutely NO sound (ringtone, media or otherwise) coming from my phone (and YES, I DID check and make sure the volume/ringer was turned on - multiple times, in fact) when it is supposed to make sounds.  I've restarted the phone 2x since I first noticed it and it solves the problem for a little while, but soon returns to silence.  Any idea what is going on? This is the second HTC smartphone I've had issues with (I got the original Incredible last year that had to be replaced due to defects), and it is getting quite aggravating, to say the least.

EDIT: I did just update several apps this morning, but I've not installed any new updates for the actual phone recently.

0 Likes
Re: Sound issues
ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello angerandhope,

I am excited to assist you with the sound on your device! May I ask is the device that you are using is the Droid Incredible 2, as your profile states? If so then may I have you verify that bluetooth and wifi is turned off in settings. Oftentimes, the device will try to auto-pair with a bluetooth device when bluetooth is activated. I've seen this happen when a person with a bluetooth earpiece walk by a device with bluetooth turned on. Once you have done so, please power cycle the phone & retry your audio. Also, verify that the speakerphone is working as well. If you continue to experience audio issues then feel free to send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, & a summary of the issue so I can further assist.

Thank you...

0 Likes
Re: Sound issues
woodslink
Enthusiast - Level 1

A lot of Android phones are having this issue.  Try this app and see if it works.  The Pro version lets you route sound during phone calls too!

Can't post link. Just look for "SoundAbout".

(Edited post to delete link to comply with)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes