Sorry I got/waited for it
skh1962

When ordering it, the CSR kept telling me do you want this, do you want that, etc. so we can get these out tomorrow-after setting up the order-she came back to the phone to say oh sorry-it will take a week but if I wanted a newer model they can send that for a little more.   I decided to wait.

So ONE MONTH LATER, I get my phone. I took about two days before I decided to activate it because I wanted time to skim over the booklet(right now I have the LG and the right side of the phone doesn't work-no ins. and had it for about 2 years.)

After 3 days I noticed the phone had gotten real hot and it was showing the "M" sign on the screen.  Thought it was something the phone did so I waited a day. Phone wouldn't turn off. Couldn't use any apps.  Took it to the Verizon store, tech said he couldn't fix and to call customer service(with what!!!!).

Now I have to return the phone and they'll send me a new one.  I have never had this problem before.  After I get a new one I will send an updated post.

Whatever phone I get next time, I will definitely research it first. So far, I am sorry I got the Droid X.

0 Likes
Re: Sorry I got/waited for it
zoey903

I have had mine for a few days now and not sure i like it battery life is horrible and right side on screen has to be tapped really hard for it to wk . I am trying to keep an open mind but so far im just not sure abt it and it cuts my calls offf just beeps and there gone .So the jury is out on this one

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

zoey903 wrote:

I have had mine for a few days now and not sure i like it battery life is horrible and right side on screen has to be tapped really hard for it to wk . I am trying to keep an open mind but so far im just not sure abt it and it cuts my calls offf just beeps and there gone .So the jury is out on this one

There are ways to improve the battery life!  Purchase the extended battery life and that'll increase battery life.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

zoey903 wrote:

Battery life on any of the new device can be short live because of the size of the processors as well as the screen power requirements but I can say I have used the EVO vs the Droid X battery life and the Droid X is a lot better. And a extended battery is a good investment for a power device like a Droid X.

Now as for the screen sensitivity, have you tried to run the screen calibration feature,  Under Settings, Location & Settings and Calibrate Compass and then click calibrate and follow instructions.  This seems to align the display when it seems to be out of sync.  I think since it tells the phone which way is up, the device uses this infomation to calibrate the screens areas location to your finger press.

0 Likes
pacoxi

The phone is gone now, but did you check the battery for any damage on it or the actual leads that connect to the battery? The phone does get slightly warm, that expected though. You could've also tried to power cycle it by taking out the battery and hitting the on key repeatedly for about 30 seconds to get of any residual power. Probably a bad sodering job when the phone was being configured. I promise you a working device is amazing.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

ditto ..

0 Likes