Re: So who is having NO problems with 2.2?
gej1
Contributor - Level 1

I DOWNLOADED 2.2 UPDATE 2 WEEKS AGO IT WAS A LITTLE SLOW AT FIRST. I READ AT ANDROID FORUM THAT YOU DON'T NEED TASK KILLER BECAUSE WITH 2.2 IT TAKES CARE OF ITSELF SO  I REMOVED ATK AND MY PHONE JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.I HAVE GOOD BATTERY LIFE AND EVERYTHING RUNS GREAT. I WILL BE GLAD TO GET FLASH.

0 Likes
UMFootball1989

did yours come with flash? mine didnt

0 Likes
cwinter

no problems here either

0 Likes
nubudu

Got the update today. Phone is deffinately faster. Downloaded the Flash Beta no issue with that either.

Exchange e-mail is good. ALL 3rd party apps are still working fine. No issues with facebook, browser, etc.

Battery life seem to be improved also - I deleted the task killer app.

ALL is good with 2.2.

0 Likes
whitewing94

No problems here. Update received today.

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2
My husbands phone has had the update since about 2pm today. Download & install took less than 5 minutes. Browser is running faster, switching between apps seems to be faster & smoother, 3G signal is stronger than usual here in our house & is stronger than mine (my droid is still w/2.1), and he has yet to notice much of a difference in the battery.
The update will probably brick my phone....my husband wouldn't have known what the update was if it wasn't for me! I've been waiting for it since it was first announced!
0 Likes
RonAnderson
I received the ota this morning and have had no problems whatsoever the phone is faster and other than me using it a little more, the battery is better. We will see in a few days, but I say most of the grips are from either iPhone or ticked off that they don't have the ota
0 Likes
sranger

People who do not use a lot of apps and do not use some of the more complex features of the phone will most likely not have any problems with this build.

These are the only problems that I know of for sure ( because Google has admitted to them 😞

1) The quality of any streaming audio in the acc+ format ( Like Pandora, and Slacker ) will be noticeably reduced.  This is because of a new codex called stagefright in the release.  Google has acknowledged the problem and even has a fix that will be rolled into a future update.  There is a fix ( or temporary patch ), but you have to have root access to fix the problem.  Basically you turn the stagefright codex off and the operating system reverts back to using the old codex.

2)  The Droid will no longer connect to many business that uses the WPA-TPK enterprise wireless settings in their business wifi.  I am working on a solution, but again you will have to have root access to fix it...

3) You may notice that the home screen will freeze occasionally after to use the browser, music player, navigation, etc..  This is due to the fact that the FRG01b build has a slightly different Kernel in it that should improve battery life.  Occasionally it will not ramp up fast enough to keep up with screen changes....  There is a fix , but you have to have root access to completely eliminate the problem.

These are all minor issues ( well the streaming issue was very annoying ) and could be fixed in a future update.  Many people with never really notice them...

0 Likes
GrilledCheese
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't had any problems. Just my minor complaint that the browser button cannot be changed to a messaging button (it would be more logical). The only way to change it is to download awd.launcher or launcher pro. Satisfied with the update. I think it made my droid even run a little faster. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
jayrco

Received my 2.2 update today at 5:25 pm.  Long Island, NY  The entire update took about 4 minutes and seemed to go well.  My ability to scroll the program screen seemed flukey.  About 30 minutes of some frustration my notification bar said update received.  I don't know if this was an update to my update but the problem disappeared.  Everything works great now.  Hoping to see Flash Player 10.1 soon...

0 Likes