Skype Mobile Video Chat
Anthonator96

One thing that I've recently been waiting for is the video chat on Skype. I have a Droid Incredible 2. Does anyone know when it may be released? Or if it is, how I can get it. This discussion can also be about ideas for it and the GB update if you would like to discuss those topics as well.

0 Likes
Re: Skype Mobile Video Chat
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

Anthonator96 wrote:

One thing that I've recently been waiting for is the video chat on Skype. I have a Droid Incredible 2. Does anyone know when it may be released? Or if it is, how I can get it. This discussion can also be about ideas for it and the GB update if you would like to discuss those topics as well.

Hi Anthonator96,

I understand your desire for the Skype video chat application to be released, I have been waiting for it my self. Lamentably we do not have any information about the release of future applications including Skype video chat. I can relate to your video chat needs and while Verizon Wireless cannot recommend any third party applications (as we do not support third party applications), I can personally recommend TANGO for your video chat needs. I have tested this application on a Droid Incredible 2 and I am happy to report that it works very good for me. If you decide to download this application from the Android Market and encounter any issues with it please contact the developer for assistance.

Please keep in mind that the above recommendation is based on my own personal experience and is not a recommendation made by Verizon Wireless in any way. 

0 Likes
garyyager

I use Skype video chat on my Incredible 2.

-Download the skype app from market, the verizon skype app won't work.

-Video chat...the first time you use it you'lll get a warning that your hardware hasn't been certified, just click "OK".  The Incredible S has been certified and the Incredible 2 is almost identical (from a hardware perspective).

-I've only done it on Wi-fi, never tried without a wi-fi connection.

0 Likes
garyyager

Download Skype from android market.  The Skype Mobile app that came preinstalled won't work.  Launch Skype, not Skype Mobile. Go To Settings, Check "Enable Video Calling".  You'll get a warning that your device hasn't been certified, just ignore it.  The HTC incredible S has been certified and the HTC incredible 2 is very similar.  That's it.  Go to contacts.  Pick a person has is able to video call and select"Skype video call.

0 Likes