Re: Shutdown Droid X and short after it comes back on
dv2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't deny they are aware of it...I just think they will be focusing their energies on problems of the more recently released phones and not ones like the Droid X that has become a great -grandfather in the Droid family. It will be two year's released this August and most everyone who bought one at the start, like myself, will be eligible for upgrades in the spring. So by not fixing this problem they will be nudgeing us in the direction of a new Android. Or maybe it's time for an iPhone from another carrier. You never know.

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yea, I agree with what you're saying ...  But if you read through that thread the MOTO rep. (Matt) clearly stated that they have "not abandoned the DX" and are actively "working on an update" to address this as well as other issues since GB ...  But like you, I take that with a grain of salt -- hopeful, but doubtful.  And honestly, I really am not having many issues with my DX - except for the auto-power-up annoyance. I really still do love this phone ...  

take care

0 Likes
dv2011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too and I hope we see some fix's.

0 Likes
user46516
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, this is an annoying feature with the DroidX since the May update.  That said, it's not as bad as a problem as the 4G phones seem to be having these days.  They seem to having problems when it switches between 4G and 3G areas: dropping calls, caller can't here you, etc.)  Sadly, that's another defect Verizon doesn't want to publicly acknowledge either especially since they are promoting 4G so much.

I'm afraid we DroidX users are probably out of luck getting a patch for this problem because it's getting to be an old model (i.e. less important to Verizon).

0 Likes