Setting the Alarm
nanoss8996

it seems to be an easy thing to do, but sometimes my alarm will sound when I set it and sometimes it will not.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I go into the "alarm" screen and set the time, the day(s) and choose "done" and get the message at the bottom that says "this alarm is set for ___ minutes/hours from now..." and I think I have it done correctly, but then it doesn't go off (sometimes...)   HELP!!  I use the alarm on my phone to get up for work and all kinds of things!!!

0 Likes
Re: Setting the Alarm
VZHawaii

I have read the following reasons for this issue.

1) Task Killer.   If you have an app killer installed you need to exclude the alarm program.

2) If you phone is in silent mode.  The alarm program has a check box when you enter the alarm to play alarm even if in silent mode.

Hopefully one of these is the reason. 

0 Likes
goodgye

What I have found is that you have to keep the Desk Clock on. I can be in night mode or not, but that is what I use as my alarm and I just need to be sure to switch to the desk clock before I go to sleep.  The alarm does not work otherwise because when your phone goes into sleep mode the clock on the main screen actually stops until you turn the phone back on.  Keeping it in Desk Clock mode prevents the phone from sleeping and the alarm will prevent you from sleeping too long.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor - Level 1

ummm not with mine.  I presume you still have that clock/weather widget on one of your homescreens?  I presume you touch it to go into the interface and switch to alarm to set it right?  So get back to your alarm section and hit the menu down at the bottom and go to settings.

I have the first box checked "play alarm even when the phone is in silent mode"; then click the alarm volume and make sure its fairly loud.

I set my alarm then, hit the home icon,  hit the lock/power button at top to lock the phone, then go to sleep.  Hours later when it goes off.......................well it does :smileytongue:

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Another good point to make is the fact that the alarm works of the "Media Volume" and not the "Ringtone Volume". Thats why you and silence the rintone and hear the alarm still. If none of the above helps try looking at the media volume in your settings and be sure it's all the way up, set it for 1 min, and see of the alarm goes off.

0 Likes