Sending ringtones with Motorola Droid
bobncrn78

I have Made a couple ringtones online and would like to send them to a couple friends, but cant figure out how to on my Motorola Droid. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
Re: Sending ringtones with Motorola Droid
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

bobncrn78 wrote:

I have Made a couple ringtones online and would like to send them to a couple friends, but cant figure out how to on my Motorola Droid. Can anyone help?

Your best option would be to bluetooth the ringtones to your friends.

0 Likes
imragtop
Enthusiast - Level 3

With the FREE app Astro File Manager, I have sent them to a friend. I was looking on anothe rforum for the instructions but could not locvate it. The ones I have sent were to a friend also on Verizon. After putting the MP3 on my Droid I open Astro. It defaults to the SD Card. I then find the MP3 I want to send(in my music folder).  Long press the MP3 and a menu pops up. I select send, then select gmail. Enter their 10 digit phone number;    1234567890@zvwpix.com  and hit send.

Found this at;

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid;jsessionid=EAFF89224DF2F69C5541774...

Ther is a lot of info there for the Droid.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

imragtop wrote:

With the FREE app Astro File Manager, I have sent them to a friend. I was looking on anothe rforum for the instructions but could not locvate it. The ones I have sent were to a friend also on Verizon. After putting the MP3 on my Droid I open Astro. It defaults to the SD Card. I then find the MP3 I want to send(in my music folder).  Long press the MP3 and a menu pops up. I select send, then select gmail. Enter their 10 digit phone number;    1234567890@zvwpix.com  and hit send.

Found this at;

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/google-android/droid;jsessionid=EAFF89224DF2F69C5541774...

Ther is a lot of info there for the Droid.

If your looking to send the ringtones via MMS then you can get the Handcent texting app from the Market.  Unlike the default messaging client, it allows for attaching audio files. 

0 Likes