Sending Videos
alpsig

My Droid X will not send video messages via text or gmail. When I try to attach to a text message I get the following message: Message size limit reached. Sorry, you cannot addthis video to your message.

My issue with this is it is a 5 second video. I would understand if it was like a 60 video or something but it is only 5 seconds. I could send video like 3 months ago but hadnt tried in sometime. Now when I try, no matter the size, it will not send it.

Why? What is wrong?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sending Videos
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

After you've opened the Camcorder, go to Settings > Video Modes.  Unless you select the Video Message mode before you film the video, you won't be able to attach it to a text message, no matter how short the video is.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

There is definitely a limit on the size of any file you try to send via email & text...  Plug your phone into your PC and find the file - what is the actual size of it? Even a short VIDEO file can be pretty big - especially if you take it at its full HD size..   Another option for "sharing" videos is to use YOUTUBE Video sharing. You simply set up a YOUTUBE Account, then "SHARE" your video to get it uploaded, then SHARE it out to your friends. Works very well.  Oh, and you want to use WiFi to upload videos, right?

0 Likes
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

After you've opened the Camcorder, go to Settings > Video Modes.  Unless you select the Video Message mode before you film the video, you won't be able to attach it to a text message, no matter how short the video is.

0 Likes