Screen won't come on
MrIceT

New Bionic. So far love the speed. We don't have 4G yet but the phone itself flies.

Frequently after the phone screen goes dark, presumably for battery savings, it will not come back on when pressing the power button. The notification LED is still on and if I am on a call, it is still active. The only way I have been able to get the screen back on is to do a battery pull.

Anyone else have this issue? I guess I will have to call customer service to get a new phone.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Screen won't come on
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

MrIceT wrote:

New Bionic. So far love the speed. We don't have 4G yet but the phone itself flies.

Frequently after the phone screen goes dark, presumably for battery savings, it will not come back on when pressing the power button. The notification LED is still on and if I am on a call, it is still active. The only way I have been able to get the screen back on is to do a battery pull.

Anyone else have this issue? I guess I will have to call customer service to get a new phone.

Hi MrIceT,

According to your latest post you are getting a phone replacement today Wednesday. I trust that your Certified Replacement will work as expected.

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to get troubleshooting assistance for critical issues such as the one outlined on your post.

You can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday. When calling us to troubleshoot please have your mobile phone fully charged and available.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
I would do a battery pull.. that happened to me once with my lapdock and after i was done useing the dock the phone stayed black but it was makeing noices pressed the power button but pulling battery cured it. Hope it works for u.
0 Likes
MrIceT

Have had to do 10 battery pulls in about 6 hours. Not something I plan to keep doing.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Wow sorry about it.. i would replace it.
0 Likes
Redbeard

Did you install a screen protector?  If so, cut a notch where it covers the light sensor.  That solved my problem.

0 Likes
MrIceT

No screen protector. The phone is defective and is being replaced. As long as screen stays on everything is fine. As soon as the screen is allowed to time out and go dark to save power it cannot be gotten back on without doing a battery pull. New phone is supposed to arrive on Wed.

0 Likes
gina7289
Contributor - Level 2
Are u getting brand new or clnd. If u have insurance they give customers expedited shipping although ur not using insurance to fix the phone u get overnight.
0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

MrIceT wrote:

Hi MrIceT,

According to your latest post you are getting a phone replacement today Wednesday. I trust that your Certified Replacement will work as expected.

Please keep in mind that this is a peer to peer forum and while our Social Media Team monitors the activity on these forums, we offer more efficient ways to get troubleshooting assistance for critical issues such as the one outlined on your post.

You can contact us on Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am - 10pm and Saturday 7am - 4pm CST.

You can also call us at 1-800-922-0204 for immediate assistance from 6am to 11pm CST any day of the week including Sunday. When calling us to troubleshoot please have your mobile phone fully charged and available.

0 Likes
MrIceT

I was not counting on this forum to resolve my issue. I worked that with the customer support from where I bought the phone (Wireless Advocates / Costco). The purpose of using the forum was to see if anyone else experienced the same issue or not. Was this a rare manufacturing issue that made it through quality control or is it indication of a design issue.

Wireless Advocates was responsive somewhat (had to purchase new phone for replacement and then return original for refund).

Anyway my issue was resolved. However this forum provides valuable resource to owners. Many times the problems are user errors so you have to sort through the complaints. But many times the users on this forum have workarounds for issues more quickly that the VZW technical support people. For the most part I have had good experience using VZW support and I am not bashing you here.

0 Likes