Screen will not shut off after receiving pop-up notifications, will stay on for hours
CostcoEBIT

If my phone is locked (screen black) and I receive a pop-up notification that turns my screen on, without touching the phone, the screen will dim after a few seconds, but then remain on indefinitely. The app that is causing this is Handcent, but I have all the settings such that the screen should not stay lit for more than several seconds. Similarly, my phone is set to lock the screen after being idle for 45 seconds. Neither of these settings seem to be doing anything.

I just got a replacement, refurbished phone from Verizon and did not have this problem with my last device (before it broke). Both were/are INC2.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Screen will not shut off after receiving pop-up notifications, will stay on for hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there CostcoEBIT,

I bet this drains the battery pretty quickly! Let me clarify, when you receive a notification from Handcent, you screen will light up, dim after a few seconds, but then light up again? And this is only with Handcent, correct? If so, I would recommend removing that application as the notifications may not be coming to the device correctly. It also may need an update (or the phone itself may need an update). You did not have this issue on the last device, which tells us that it is either a software update (of which there were none for the Incredible 2) or an application. Please keep us posted on any further assistance needed here.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes