Screen turns itself ON
ezand7169

This is a problem I have tried to solve for a long time. Every 10-15 seconds, my screen will turn itself on. It is annoying as hell and really starting to **bleep** me off. I lose a ton of battery life whenever it does this. Any solutions?

0 Likes
Re: Screen turns itself ON
jnepsa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is your phone in stock condition or not? I have heard of folks that have 'rooted' their phone and loaded other software with the same issue, and going back to stock always seems to fix it.

0 Likes
ezand7169

Thanks for getting back to me. As far as I know I haven't done anything to it to make it not in stock condition. Just downloaded apps here and there, and not even really that many just the essentials. Maybe a reset of the phone would make everything ok? Get it back to as stock condition as possible.

0 Likes
LadyEngineer

First try resetting the phone by removing the battery, and see if that fixes it for a while.

If it happens again, check Settings/Applications and then check what services are running.  Then force close any programs that are running.

I was going crazy trying to turn my phone totally off - It would shut off and then come back on again a minute later!  I did a reset by removing the battery, and that fixed the problem for only a couple of hours.  It turned out that the weather program refused to shut down, and after I totally removed the program all was fine.  The program had been recently updated, and that is when the problem started.  And this was a standard program that either came with the Droid or was one of the top features.

Hope this helps

0 Likes