Screen of death
klandon

Suddenly my Droid X went to a screen with a white triangle, yellow exclamation point and little green droid. I have rebooted, wiped data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. It says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. At some point today it did reset and everything seemed fine. I went to the browser but then it wouldn't let me go home. I have taken the battery out. Held down some buttons once and got a bootload screen (don't know what that was). Now what?

0 Likes
Re: Screen of death
Cody21
Master - Level 2

It almost sounds like the boot loader (or main system loader - whatever it's called) is corrupted. Do you have it in a wall-outlet charging when you did the Factory reset? It needs a full battery charge to do that process. Has this phone ever been "rooted"?  Probably time to take it to a Verizon store and have them re-flash it if you can't get beyond that boot up issue.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

klandon wrote:

Suddenly my Droid X went to a screen with a white triangle, yellow exclamation point and little green droid. I have rebooted, wiped data/factory reset, and wipe cache partition. It says E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command. At some point today it did reset and everything seemed fine. I went to the browser but then it wouldn't let me go home. I have taken the battery out. Held down some buttons once and got a bootload screen (don't know what that was). Now what?

Usually when this error happens during attemption to wipe data just tap the screen unril the process completes, I have noticed this hickup since 2.2 but the tap process allows the process to complate.

0 Likes
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I understand your frustration regarding the Droid X. I will be sending you a private message to address your concerns further. 

Thank you!

0 Likes