Screen freezes, constant restarts
kel82

Within a week after I bought my Motorola Mini, it started restarting itself and sometimes when the screen blacks out, it freezes. Like, I can hear the phone is still working but the screen stays black. I tried a hard reset and that worked only for a little bit. I've had it over a month and just haven't had time to get to the store but is it just my phone? I set the screen timeout for 10 minutes. Sometimes it doesn't freeze after it fades out. Like I move the phone and the time shows up and I can swipe it to open it but more often than not, it freezes and constantly restarts itself. I need to know if anyone else had this issue and if they fixed it or had to get the phone replaced? I can't figure out how to get the back off to take the batter out and try that though.

0 Likes
Re: Screen freezes, constant restarts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kel82,

I am sad to hear you are having problems with such a great device! Have you had any updates on your phone? On the Droid Mini you are not able to pull the battery out of it. Try holding the volume down key and power key at the same time. Keep me posted on the outcome.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kel82

What do I choose once I do that? It's just weird and I'm not sure if it's just the phone and if I go switch for the same model or what. Yes I've been getting updates as well.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi kel82,

I understand wanting to get this fixed. Thanks for the information. Glad you're getting the updates. For the alternate way to turn the phone off and on, see details at http://vz.to/18ZsFL2 Let us know if this helps.         

Thanks,
ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kel82

I went to the store and getting a new one mailed to me.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm pleased to hear that you were able to resolve your concerns at the store kel82. Please let us know if you need help in the future. As an additional option for support on the go, take a look here! http://bit.ly/yN1P80

0 Likes