Screen Protectors
langer550

Has anyone purchased and used the screen protectors from Verizon?  I got them yesterday, but I want to mak sure that if I do not like them on the screen, thta I can take them off and there will be no sticky residue left behind.

0 Likes
Re: Screen Protectors
A70M1KDR01D
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've heard nothing but good things about the verizon screens, but in all honesty if you want to really protect your phone then go with zagg or skinomi. Best ones out there. I have a skinomi full body shield on mine right now and I love it.

0 Likes
magicswebpage
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got them but haven't installed them yet :smileyhappy: 

i plan to do it this week...

0 Likes
keepingitreal
Contributor - Level 1

I purchased them but I'm not sure how much I like them.  They have these red dash marks (that's the best description that I could give) going around the outer edge of the protector.  Also, when I put them on, the little tab that comes off of the front of the protector left some paper and glue residue.  It wasn't hard to get off. 

0 Likes
Eleven
Enthusiast - Level 3

The red lines are on the thin sheet of plastic on top of protector.  If you still have red lines, you didn;t remove the top layer.  These protectors are great now that they are anti-glare.

0 Likes
Easton091
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was thinking the same thing.  If your still seeing the red dashes, you didnt install it correctly.  Those are there just so its easier to line up the protector.

0 Likes
WarriorHOF10

I got them and other than being a little on the "dull" as opposed to glossy, I have no problem with them. They are a must for any smartphone user.

0 Likes
godukeuniversit

The sales lady offered them to me but called them Glare Protectors.  I opted to get a pack of them. She told me that it would help avoid the glare you see on the screen during the daytime and outdoors.  She applied the cover for me while she was setting up the phone.  She did a great job applying it and it looks like it was factory applied.  If you are afraid you may not be able to apply it very well, your local provider might apply it for you like mine did.

0 Likes
user46516
Enthusiast - Level 3

I like the covers.  Takes a little patience to get it on precisely but well worth it.  They help reduce the dreaded fingerprint smudges nicely.  Just make sure you have a very clean screen prior to sticking it on.  Any dust or debris will definitely show up beneath it.  Dust and debris will also stick to the back side of the protector when putting it on if you're not careful.

Now I just wonder how long they will last and what will happen to it that indicates it should be replaced.

0 Likes
user46516
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hehe - yes, if you still have red lines once on the phone, you missed step 2 - take the top protective layer off.

:smileywink:

Now, in my pack of three - some had a #1 and #2 pull tab to indicate to remove it and to allow you to pull it off using the tab - very simple.  However, one of mine was missing a tab.  Had to pull the protective covering off manually - not so simple.

0 Likes