Screen Protector?
WBMc36

I've been looking at screen protectors for the incredible. I bought the skinomi techskin shown here: http://www.skinomi.com/htcdrin.html.

I was also looking at the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD shown here: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-droid-incredible-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shield...

I'm not sure wich one would be better, they look to be made out of the same material and both have a lifetime warranty. I went with the skinomi because of some reports of the invisible shield turning a yellowish color from the sun after awhile, and the skinomi has UV protection.

I was just looking for some opinions from you guys on what products if any you have tried. I have the cheap static screen protectors that come 3 in a pack form my env touch and they are not good quality at all.

Thanks for the input.

0 Likes
Re: Screen Protector?
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

WBMc36 wrote:

I've been looking at screen protectors for the incredible. I bought the skinomi techskin shown here: http://www.skinomi.com/htcdrin.html.

I was also looking at the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD shown here: http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/htc-droid-incredible-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shield...

I'm not sure wich one would be better, they look to be made out of the same material and both have a lifetime warranty. I went with the skinomi because of some reports of the invisible shield turning a yellowish color from the sun after awhile, and the skinomi has UV protection.

I was just looking for some opinions from you guys on what products if any you have tried. I have the cheap static screen protectors that come 3 in a pack form my env touch and they are not good quality at all.

Thanks for the input.

i have always used the zagg protector and have yet to see the yellowing.  so my two cents go to the zagg plus, like you said, life time guarantee.

only downside i can find about the zagg is the "stickiness" of the screen, so swiping is sometimes difficult.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i got whatever they sell you at vzn (jus because i wanted to immidiately have a protector). i actually really like them, but they may be what you mentioned, as they did come in a 3 pack? they seem to be good to me? but i never used one on my env touch so this is the first i've ever used a protector. over 2 weeks and it's worked fine so far. i have played with my friend's moto droid and it seemed sticky....i'm guessing he has the zaggs (because it seemed sticky)??? but his did seem to be of a bit higher quality (seemed softer and maybe even thicker than mine)???

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

Word of caution, Don't let your phones mess up and bring your phone up there with invisible shield from Zagg on it...It can and possibly will void your warranty and they will blame that on your phone breaking so you will be the one paying for it in long run!  Been there, Done that!

0 Likes
TLBauer3617
Contributor - Level 1

I put a screen protector on my Incredible, and the next day, the screen kept continually scrolling to the left.  What I was told was that the Incredible uses a capacitive multi-touch technology that requires direct contact with the skin.  So, I was told that you could not use a screen protector with the Incredible.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

that's not true. i've had a screen protector from day one. heck....it was verizon that sold it to me!!!! besides...their explanation does not explain the scrolling to the left. by their explanation it SHOULD NOT scroll UNLESS your actual skin touches the phone??? i think they made up a lame excuse. mine works fine with the the protector.

0 Likes
WBMc36

how could a screen protector possibly void the warranty?  And i am thinking of buying some of the static ones because i am hesitant to put the liquid on the screen.

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

A screen protector won't void the warranty. The Zagg invisible shield will. My touch screen on my LG Versa a while back messed up and Verizon said it was due to the Invisible shield by Zagg, installed on my phone. Therefore, They would not fix it under warranty.

0 Likes
WBMc36

ok well now im trying to figure out if the skinomi one i bought would do the same. It is basically the same thing as the zagg invisibleshield. any thoughts on that?

0 Likes
IncrediBill

What would the Zagg do that could possibly void the warranty...?

0 Likes