Re: Screen Protector?
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

The only thing I can think that you could do would be talk to customer service. They really made a big deal to me about it and I was not a happy customer. They opened up the warranty information book and it said any kind of physical alterations to the phone could void the warranty. It never specifies what or how. Just "Physical alteration". And when you actually use Zagg they actually install this screen protector on your phone. Its very thick. And they heat it up to paste anf firmly hold to your phone. Maybe that has something to do with it. Maybe its a sales thing to only purchase there accesories only? Maybe a Verizon Rep here could comment about this to everyone and give some input??

0 Likes
IncrediBill

That is ludicrous. The only possible issue would be if there were any water damage resulting from a careless installation and that would be easily apparent, and justifiable. Any heat applied is minimal and really no more significant than carrying it in your pocket on a warm day.

If they are going to try and deny warranty because of the Zagg or similar they should be doing the same for any cover or case, including Verizon's. 

0 Likes
medic2joey
Contributor - Level 2

And I totally agree with you and I was very upset about it. But what it had done, Was about a month after I got Zagg installed on it, The touchscreen started acting crazy, Never worked, Pressed random buttons at random times. The guy at Verizon said it was the pressure from the Zagg shield on there was confusing the touch screen. So I dunno lol.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

wbm....if you're worried about it just use the static ones. they less expensive and they work just fine.

0 Likes
onewithshadows

I am currently using the sgp crystal clear on my Incredible. It works just fine. The anti-finger print one had complaints about making the screen a little blurry. Worst case scenario, your like me and have to wipe your screen occasionally. No big deal. I wouldn't use zagg, and disqualified it as an option as soon as I saw the word "water." No way in hell I would ever risk that. Even if it is fool proof, I am almost positive I could screw it up somehow. The static protectors are cheap and easily replaceable. Not a big deal, especially considering I had the same protector on my Env Touch for more than a year.

0 Likes
WBMc36

i am starting to agree. I think i'm going to go to the verizon store after work today and pick up a pack from them.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

go to target or walmart.....they'll be half the price for the same (or similar) thing.

0 Likes
LetsgoFishing
Contributor - Level 1

i would not buy the screen protectors from VZW.  if they are anything like the Eris protector, it's HORRIBLE!!!!.  it came off after a month; air bubbles would not come out and the protector didn't fit the phone well.  i purchased a new one from www.accessoryexportwholesale.com and it works GREAT!  no air bubbles; super easy to put on & it fits the phone perfectly. it's been 3 mos & still on phone perfectly.

not sure if i'm allowed to put the name of the website on this forum but hopefully you will see it b4 they remove it if its not allowed otherwise i can PM you.

0 Likes
WBMc36

thanks for that site!  They have great prices on the protectors plus the silicon case is only 6$ and they have every color. I looked at bestbuy today and they had just red and black and it was 20$!?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....if i want something RIGHT NOW i'll see what i can grab at walmart or target, but really, online is the way to go. search "htc incredible....(battery, accessories, etc)..." on ebay and it's unreal what you can find. i got a set that includes 2 batteries and an external wall charger for $12 (generic, but new and works as good as the stock battery).....which is nice since you can only get a day out of these batteries.

0 Likes