Screen Possessed
word2yamother

About three days ago, the screen on my Droid Incredible starting wigging out on me. It will open apps that I didn't open, it's incredibly hard to text anyone (side note: I haven't been receiving txt msg's the past 3 days either), and I don't know what to do.

I received the OTA Gingerbread update about a week ago and everything worked fine for the first couple days.  I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Here's what I've done so far:

• Powered phone off
  • Taken out battery
  • Factory reset from Menu>Settings option...Didn't work
  • Factory reset by holding the power and volume down buttons...Didn't work
  • Used forced air on the trackpad (read in another forum that something could get in there and cause the phone to act up)...Didn't work

Other notes:

There aren't any apps currently on the phone after the last factory reset. It has the original battery. I bought it the day it came out April 29th, 2010. It still has Gingerbread on it even after the factory reset (wasn't sure if it would or not).

Any ideas????

0 Likes
Re: Screen Possessed
Not applicable

word2yamother,

I'm sorry to learn about your phone! You've really done extensive troubleshooting. Please feel free to private message me for further assistance. I will help get this resolved.

Thank you!

0 Likes
patm1996

I have had the same issue before and after Gingerbread. I resolved it by cleaning the track pad beneath the display.

0 Likes
word2yamother

Adam,

Thanks for the response. I sent you a private message and look forward to your reply.

0 Likes
word2yamother

patm1996,

Did that require taking the phone apart?

0 Likes
laguss4
Why the private message?!?! Please post it here so we all can see and possibly fix our DINC 😕
0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Trackpad is optical an how is cleaning the underside of it going to clear up an issue that stems from Software. an Word a Caution!!!!  to Note! to everyone you take apart the Phone an its still under Warrenty U might as well shell it in the Trash if you pull that. >>> Voide the Warrenty Decal thats settin on that one screw. An thats the first thing the Reps will look to see if it's there an Not been Tampered With if you have to take it to the Store for another Phone.

0 Likes
patm1996

word2yamother - No you do not have to take apart the phone. Just clean the optical trackball area with a clean cloth. I have seen very weird behavior with the keyboard and screen at times. Cleaning the trackball has resolved it for me in all cases.

0 Likes
AntonioC_VZW
Verizon Employee

laguss4 wrote:
Why the private message?!?! Please post it here so we all can see and possibly fix our DINC 😕

Hi laguss4,

In review of the OP I see that extensive troubleshooting has been done by OP already and our previous representative requested a PM as the next troubleshooting steps will involved accessing account sensitive information and account specific settings that cannot be posted on a public forum for the integrity of our customer's information.

Please keep in mind that while our Social Media Team monitors this and other public peer to peer forums, the best way to resolve any device issue is by talking to our tech support team by phone at 1-800-922-0204 on a different line and having the device in question fully charged and available for troubleshooting. We're available by phone from 6am-11pm every day including Sunday.

We are also available via Twitter @VZWSupport Monday to Friday 7am-10pm CST and Saturday 7am-4pm CST.

0 Likes