Screen Glow
wheel

Just wanted to throw this out to see if anyone else has seen this. I have my X set for maximum battery saver, display brightness set at about 30% and the screen set to go blank after 30 seconds.  Several mornings I have noticed  the battery has lost maybe 30 to 40% charge overnight.  Well last night I woke in a dark room and noticed a glow coming from the droid.  It was just a slight glow but definitely visible in the dark room,  Hit the power button and the battery  was down to 60% from a full charge.  Pressed the power button again to blank the screen.  Turned the light off and there was no glow this time.

Has anyone else seen this and if so maybe you might have a solution.  Thanks in Advance.  Oh, I also received the software update two days ago and no problems noticed at all.  It does seem to reboot much faster.

0 Likes
Re: Screen Glow
4x4van
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've noticed the same glow.  It occurs for me if I unplug it from the charger with the screen turned off.  Turning the screen on then back off shuts the glow off for me, but I'm not sure how long it would stay on if I left it alone.  I expect it now, so in the morning when I unplug to go to work, I just automatically turn the screen on then back off.

Hmmm...I wonder if the new update will affect this behavior?

0 Likes
Re: Screen Glow
wheel

Thanks for the reply, was hoping maybe someone would have a solution.  Mine did it prior to the update and after also.  I am now very careful if not charging at night to turn all the light off to see if it is glowing.  If so, then hit the power button on and off and that takes care of it.  That is the cause of my battery drain.  I can't tell in the daylight if it is happening but figure it must.

0 Likes