Screen Displaying Black
mikenangle

Today my Droid screen froze, which prompted me to turn off the phone. When I turned the phone on, the screen lit up, but is only displaying a black screen. I can tell the screen is on, and if I slide my finger over the area where the screen lock would be, the phone vibrates a bit. I tried to perform a hard reset, but without the screen, I can't tell if I'm selecting anything. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Screen Displaying Black
Not applicable

Mikenangel, thanks for your post. I can understand how it would be difficult to navigate the phone while you have a black screen. If you are still having this problem, there are a few things you can try before replacing the device:

1. Pull the battery again & reboot

2. Try booting the phone into safe mode (For Droid 1, Droid 2)

If nothing shows on the screen, then it sounds like the device will need to be replaced. If the device is still within your 1 year warranty and no physical damage, we can replace through warranty.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

MarquiaF_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ecanojr

This also happened to my R2D2 Droid after the system update installed. The phone is one, I can feel that the touchscreen is working. I hear my notification tones for my texts, but can't see a thing. Any ideas as to why? And I tried booting to 'Safe Mode' with no luck. Still have a black screen. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ecanojr! So very sorry for the frustration. It sounds to me like you've done what you can to resolve this on your own. Please let me help you from this point on. I need you to follow me so that you can send me a personal message. I'll need to have your name and your mobile number in the message. Thanks so much for your patience and understanding.

Dion M.
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes