Saving Ringtones on DroidX
NATRAPS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I purchased an official ringtone directly from Verizons website and received the file via Text Message in an .MP3 format.  I can listen to the song by pressing the speaker icon but cannot save it.

I can long press on the speaker icon and select "Save Audio" but I receive the message

Error saving attachment

If I play it I have the option to save the Slideshow attachment but I receive:

The attachment failed to save.

Please re-try saving

I have shut off my phone and turned it back on without a difference.  Again, I can listen to the song so I know it was received but I cannot do anything with it now that it is attached to the text message.

This is on a DroidX running the latest OS and firmware

The link to email Customer Support for customers who recieve a monthly statement is also not routing correctly!!

0 Likes
Re: Saving Ringtones on DroidX
Wildman
Legend

This has became a on going issues it seems because there is a number of users seeing this happen recently...  Usually I would suggest this but it appears that you have tried this but I will post it still to see if it helps..

1. Go to Text Messages view, threader veiw that shows the pic preview when its not opened.

2. Press and hold on Pic

3. Select Save from the list\

4. Now the pic should be saved in SD/Messages folder

If this doesnt work maybe try installing Handcent from the market and see if a diffrent app will help..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

I'm not trying to put anyone down or start anything here, but I honestly don't understand why anyone would purchase a ringtone for a smartphone. There are free apps in the Market that have nearly every song and ringtone I can think of, all for free...

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

vereyezuhn wrote:

I'm not trying to put anyone down or start anything here, but I honestly don't understand why anyone would purchase a ringtone for a smartphone. There are free apps in the Market that have nearly every song and ringtone I can think of, all for free...

I understand amd I agree but some users just chose to deal with Verizon on this and that is their option, I just try to find a solution for their situation...   I do not perfer downloading ringers at all, my collection of music is large enough to simply make mp3s of the track I want to use and set it as a ringer..  Voice alerts are a bit diffrent in this situation, I  simply use Zedge but I go to site and get the files instead of installing another app for this..

Each to their own in my opinion..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman wrote:
I understand amd I agree but some users just chose to deal with Verizon on this and that is their option, I just try to find a solution for their situation...   I do not perfer downloading ringers at all, my collection of music is large enough to simply make mp3s of the track I want to use and set it as a ringer..  Voice alerts are a bit diffrent in this situation, I  simply use Zedge but I go to site and get the files instead of installing another app for this..

Each to their own in my opinion..

I completely agree and I'm not saying it's wrong to purchase ringtones, I just wanted to point out the App option in case some didn't think of it. My cousin recently got an iPhone 4 (his first smartphone) and immediately went to purchase ringtones from iTunes. I asked him why he didn't just get a ringtone app for free, and he replied that he didn't even know those existed. I went on telling him all the different things apps could do, simply because he never thought about apps like that.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I thought iPhones didnt allow any apps for free media without Jailbreaking the device...  I know you can import files through itunes but adding notifications cant be customized without JB first..

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Wildman wrote:

I thought iPhones didnt allow any apps for free media without Jailbreaking the device...  I know you can import files through itunes but adding notifications cant be customized without JB first..

No they have plenty of free apps for that kind of stuff. My cousin doesn't even know how to JB (probably why he has an iPhone :smileytongue:)

0 Likes
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

I'd strongly suggest one of the free apps, like Zedge. You can save it directly to your phone, I think it goes to the SD card. Verizon's ring tone program is just another way for VZW to make money off of us, so I refuse to use them, when I can get them for free elsewhere or just make my own

0 Likes