Save to SD card & not internal memory
DevXD

I have music on my computer that I want on my phone. How can I get it to save to my 16 GB SD card and not the phones internal memory?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Save to SD card & not internal memory
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

There is a free app in the Market place that you need to download on your phone called DoubleTwist.  There is one for your computer by the same name that you download from their site.  It will let you create playlists and move music to your phone's SD card.  Album art is also moved over, but in case some art doesn't transfer you can download Cover Art and it will find the album art for you.  iSyncr is another app in the Market that will transfer music, but it isn't free.  

If you don't care about transferring your music and keeping the playlists you've already set up then you can transfer it another way.  Plug your phone into your computer's USB drive and then pull down the Notifications screen and select "use phone as disk drive" and hit done.  Then once the phone mounts on your computer double click on it and open it.  Then create a folder in the phone and name it "Music".  All you need to do now is to drag MP3's of your music into this file and the songs will show up on your music player.  Be sure and unmount the phone like you would any external disk drive before unplugging it from your computer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
losvaldez55
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's how I do it.  Someone might have an easier or better suggestion. First you need to go to Settings>Connect to PC> Default Connection Type>Disk Drive. Note- You might want to leave the "Ask me" option check marked so you can select other options when you hook us via USB.

You then hook up your phone to your PC.  Under my computer on your PCy ou should be able to see your SD card as a removalbe drive.  You can put your music in one of the folders designated for media or create your own.

A an option you could download a free file explorer such as Astro or ES from the Market.  With this application you can browse files on your phone as well as the SD card. from the phone itself.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I love being able to have my music on my device!

I have a link that will show you the step-by-step process on transferring music to your Incredible in case you haven't done it already.

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

There is a free app in the Market place that you need to download on your phone called DoubleTwist.  There is one for your computer by the same name that you download from their site.  It will let you create playlists and move music to your phone's SD card.  Album art is also moved over, but in case some art doesn't transfer you can download Cover Art and it will find the album art for you.  iSyncr is another app in the Market that will transfer music, but it isn't free.  

If you don't care about transferring your music and keeping the playlists you've already set up then you can transfer it another way.  Plug your phone into your computer's USB drive and then pull down the Notifications screen and select "use phone as disk drive" and hit done.  Then once the phone mounts on your computer double click on it and open it.  Then create a folder in the phone and name it "Music".  All you need to do now is to drag MP3's of your music into this file and the songs will show up on your music player.  Be sure and unmount the phone like you would any external disk drive before unplugging it from your computer.

0 Likes
Essence10

Hello,  

When I had the Droid X I purchased a 32GB SD card, which came with an SD card reader.  You will need a SD card reader (sold separately at Verizon or other stores) to insert the SD card16GB from your cell phone into your computer port.

Here is what you need to do:

1)      Take the SD card out of your cell phone and insert the SD card into the SD card reader, which must then be inserted into your computer port.  It looks like a mini USB adapter.

2)      Click on My Computer then right click Removable software and click on Open.  Once this is open make a music folder by going to the top of the page in (Windows 7) and click New Folder.  Then Open up ITunes (or your music folder on your computer) and put the folders side by side.

3)      In ITunes you can drag over any Song or Video you want and place it into the new Music folder in the removable SD card folder.   Depending on your music folder you can highlight all the music at once and drag it over to the New Music Folder and it will download into the new folder on the SD Card.  Caution:  some of the videos might not work.

4)      When you are finished go to the SD folder, hit the back button on top.  Then Right Click removable hardware and then click Eject.  To see the Videos on your cell phone you will have to open up the GALLERY APP.  To see the Music on your cell phone open up the Music APP.

5)      Remove the SD card reader and place SD card back into the cell phone. 

6)      Click on Music, if an artist shows, click = on left side and a list will show click artist (ex. Beyoncé), click the song it will play.  Stop the song from playing and click the = sign on the bottom of the phone, then click more, set as ringtone, click phone ringtone or contact ringtone.  It will go straight to contact.  You will have to do this for each contact.  I hope that this information will be helpful to you.  You can also set your transferred music for your alarm clock. 

0 Likes