Re: Samsung Charge Problems
EEResQ
Enthusiast - Level 1

What appears to be defective is both the SAMSUNG Charge and VERIZON's Custormer Service.  After trying to work with them online and in a VERIZON company store for over three months now, I'm convinced that SAMSUNG sold a defective product to VERIZON (the SAMSUNG Charge), and VERIZON knowingly resold this defective product to thousands of consumers.  I certainly hope some hungry Class Action attorney is trolling the Internet for an action to file.

Hazardus
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are 3 Droid Charge's on my account. I got mine a year before the other two (after I was willing to give Motorola another chance with the Bionic, which was cancelled right before release..). So less than 2 years later this thing is absolute junk. It crashes up to 3 times a day (usually while in my pocket), it freezes up and I have to reboot 2-3 times a day, and the battery life.. well, I unplugged it at 9AM, it was at 80% by 10AM, and dying by 1PM. I hadn't even touched it between 10 and 1.

The other 2 phones act loopy as well - I honestly wonder if there was an update in the past few months that make the OS go screwy so we'd by new phones. One's already been replaced for not getting past the start animation.

I loved it when I first got it, but now - I wonder if I should buy even another Samsung. Bad parts may be to blame (welds weakening from heat, or something) but either way, for the price they charge, it should be better than this!

High hopes for the Linux phone.

0 Likes
Hazardus
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's from the light sensor on the top right of the phone. It gets dirty, and if it's too dark, it blacks screen because it thinks it's to your ear.

blackhammer35
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm am certainly down for sueing verizon over this. Let's get it started.

0 Likes