Samsung CHARGE ---- DROPPED CALLS
E_T

Samsung CHARGE

This is sooo frustrating, lately my phone and my husbands phone  both Samsung CHARGES are dropping calls left and right! Literally the calls don't last longer than a minute; It doesn't even come close to a minute long. I checked my call history/usage and there were over 25 calls that were interrupted due to dropped calls. I dont understand it!!       I have calls last only 1 min. 12 sec., 49 seconds, 55 seconds and the latest call I tried to make lasted 16 seconds when the call was dropped. The last two attempts were to my husband who was literally 4 feet away from me!! 

I have had this phone since the beginning of June and like I said it is just been recently (2 week) that the phone calls have been very inconsistent. Today I have just had it!! Can anyone help me resolve this issue or give me a heads up to what is causing this before I go screaming into the store?

I needs to be said that I don't hate this phone, I just wish its primary reason for being a phone would actually work.

The plus side to this phone is all the apps, the amazing camera, and mult media you can view and use on this hand held device.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung CHARGE ---- DROPPED CALLS
dg2304

My Droid Charge is doing the exact same thing. They sent me a replacement, which started up in Spanish (obviously not new). The replacement is doing the exact same thing. I am in a great 4g network area. My Droid Charge worked perfectly for one month, with speeds of 15 mg download and 7 mg upload. Then one month ago speeds changed to 3.5 mg download and 1.5 mg upload. I called in to tech support to ask why and they said turn on data roaming. I did what they asked and they felt this would improve speeds. That same day, my phone began dropping calls every few minutes. I turned data roaming back off, no change, still dropping calls. The phone is used for my business and is now a brick which is sitting on a desk. I am now waiting for a new sim card which they feel may correct the issue. I had a galaxy S prior to upgrading to this Charge, it worked perfectly. I needed to have 4g for my business, so I could go to the web while on the phone. They made me pay the highest premium, due to my contract only being one year old, so I paid the ridiculous price of $702 which included tax. I will keep everyone posted on all droid forums on how this progresses. If they cannot get the droid charge working correctly, I completely expect to be reimbursed for the phone (I will keep you posted on the reality).  If they pull this or any of my updates from this forum, I will update all other forums with copies of this update and all that follow.

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Just within the last 2 days I have started to have this problem with my Charge.  I got my phone June 25th and have had less than 2 dropped calls in that time.  Now, during the last 2 days, almost every call eventually drops.  The calls don't actually drop on my screen as the phone display shows the call still connected and the timer is counting, it's just that I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me.  I have to end the call and call back.  Now that I see others are having the same problem just in the last few days there is some type of software or Verizon system problem. 

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Hi everyone, my two certified like new droid charges are doing the EXACT same thing as well. My wife and I have only had them for 6 days and we have started dropping one anotothers calls like crazy. We have also dropped other calls but it mainly seems to between both of our phones. We are only able to stay connected for anywhere from 20 seconds to a minute and a half. We will not be able to hear one another and then we have to end the phone call or the call just drops automatically. Both of us have full bars, and we live in a strong 3g area and where I work has a strong 4g signal. We have never had these problems before with regular featured phones on Verizon at the exact same locations, just the Fascinates (never got calls, we missed texts and the signal was always low, but we could always stay connected on the calls when we got them) and now our Droid Charges (we receive our calls, we just can't stay connected). Has anyone been able to figure this out? I've heard that replacing them SIM cards can help or stop this. I am going to the Verizon store to try and get this problem taken care of. Any help from Verizon reps on here would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Hmmm....we are also in Arizona as well....in Scottsdale. I wonder if it is just out here in this area or something? Have any other people had problems like this outside of Az?

0 Likes
bkhorn
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had my Charge since late May and have maybe 1 dropped call. None lately and I am in Eastern PA.

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Yea we've had our Charges now for a few days, and we cannot stay connected to one another or other people for much longer than a minute and a half at most. Some people we call we can talk to without getting cut off and having the call drop. I'd say 75% of all of our calls drop within 20 seconds to 1 and a half minutes. This is FRUSTRATING VERIZON!!!!

0 Likes
vloher

I live in the Raleigh NC area and both my wife and myself are having problems with call quality.  Usually we can hear other party, but they can not hear us.  With both have the Samsung Charge.  This is a serious problem since we both use our phones for business.  I would love to hear a solution.

Victor

0 Likes
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

I updated my profile as I didn't have the city in it.  I am in Phoenix also.  That makes 4 of the posters on this thread right here in the Valley of the Sun.  Maybe the heat is frying the towers?  I have not had a dropped call today.  I was so frustrated yesterday as every call I made or received dropped within one minute.  Since today is Saturday I had called my home phone on my Charge and just sat the phone down and did some work around the house and almost an hour later the call was still connected.  Maybe there was an issue here in Phoenix over the last few days that has been corrected?

0 Likes
JoeNe
Contributor - Level 2

Got my Charge as a replacement to the Revo on 7/5. Maybe one or two dropped calls since then in fringe areas.  On Thursday night, with full signal strength I couldn't talk for more than a minute or two without dropping the calls.  I was stationary in a hotel in Overaland Park, KS.   This happened all evening long.  I have been in this location many times before with no issues.

Perhaps something else is going on????

0 Likes